Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] Samfisher84 - 3d/Environment Artist

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Samfisher84 polycounter lvl 9
Im interested in crit on the site and the work! anything to get better. I am looking for work.

http://www.emanuelhamilton.se/

Replies

• chrisradsby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisradsby polycounter lvl 14
    Hi Emanuel (Hej :) )

Nice work so far, you right out of Uni? You have swedish text on one of your games-posts, Star Stable? You might want to fix that. You might want to add some more details regarding what you did on each game you worked on, are the student-projects or actual commercial games? etc etc

Regarding your work, I'd say that most of it lacks personality and/or creativity. They kinda feel like quick pieces you put together. Right now I think the HMMWV is the strongest piece.

Oh yeah and get on Linkedin, very handy for recommendations from teachers, fellow artists etc :)
  • Samfisher84
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Emanuel (Hej :) )

Nice work so far, you right out of Uni? You have swedish text on one of your games-posts, Star Stable? You might want to fix that. You might want to add some more details regarding what you did on each game you worked on, are the student-projects or actual commercial games? etc etc

Regarding your work, I'd say that most of it lacks personality and/or creativity. They kinda feel like quick pieces you put together. Right now I think the HMMWV is the strongest piece.

Oh yeah and get on Linkedin, very handy for recommendations from teachers, fellow artists etc :)

Hej

Yeah pretty much, Yeah the title is in Swedish so I usually dont translate titles like that. Hehe ok, yeah i see that! funny you choose the hummer, the oldest piece out of them. But I just recetly found out how great it is to post on forums so hopefully the work will improve. Thanks for the input
  • Will Faucher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Will Faucher polycounter lvl 12
    Your work looks good, but your modular building environment seems like it is taken from 3D Motive's dvd on modular building. It's nearly identical. I do not see any credit given to them for this.

I would suggest you credit them for it, or the idea at least. It is your best piece though. For some reason it stands out way more than the rest. It's just way too obvious that you followed the DVD's tutorial.
  • Samfisher84
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Prophecies wrote: »
    Your work looks good, but your modular building environment seems like it is taken from 3D Motive's dvd on modular building. It's nearly identical. I do not see any credit given to them for this.

I would suggest you credit them for it, or the idea at least. It is your best piece though. For some reason it stands out way more than the rest. It's just way too obvious that you followed the DVD's tutorial.

Yeah im thinking im probably taking it down
  • chrisradsby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisradsby polycounter lvl 14
    No need to take it down, just make it yours, put your flair on it :) Come up with something interesting do a complete texture-rework , add more assets to the scene and you're golden.
  • polygonfreak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have a little crit on the Shanty house... it looks good but it feels like its too clean, esp around the the pieces that are touching the ground. I would just quickly add some sort of dirt layer on the bottom and see how that looks.
  • Jet_Pilot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jet_Pilot polycounter lvl 10
    I have a little crit on the Shanty house... it looks good but it feels like its too clean, esp around the the pieces that are touching the ground. I would just quickly add some sort of dirt layer on the bottom and see how that looks.

I agree and I would also use map channel 2 to make an AO map. It will help ground it and bring the pieces attached to the walls together more.
  • polygunz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    All your textures are way too saturated
  • LEViATHAN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LEViATHAN polycounter lvl 11
    Your screen grabs are over-sharpened and generally look very harsh. Also the lighting isn't particularly great, especially on the humvee which looks noisy as hell.
  • gsokol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Site looks good enough. Simple and to the point, which is good. You just need to continue to improve your work. The Hummer has a lot of potential..it looks pretty solid. Most of your textures are super saturated, and you have harsh/bright lighting on everything. That really knocks you down presentation-wise.
  • Samfisher84
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Allot really great points here, really got me exited to rework allot of stuff. Thanks for the input