Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[FIGHTER] Super Smash Bros. - Samus - haZe

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
haZe greentooth
Hey folks! Going with Samus, with a bit of Portal aesthetic influence/sensibilities.

Original Character:

zerosuit_samus.jpg

Concept: Her "suit" will be powered will be by a device on her back, including her gun (primitive prototype), leg gear, and perhaps a floating GUI of sorts.

I plan to design the individual bits before jumping into modeling. Also considering ways to make her mini dress a bit more visually interesting while maintaining ties to the Zero suit.

Rough Sketch: Choices! These are just the diffuse, so mixing and matching can easily be done.

sketch14_final.jpg

Good luck, everyone!

Replies

• haZe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haZe greentooth
    Going to get cracking on her mesh next while nailing down the gear design.

Quick pack/gun ideas: I may still decide to put some housing on her gun, and perhaps have the pack strap into her dress. Straps or buckles might give me some interesting details to work with.

sketch16_final.jpg
  • Siliqk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I love the concept. It's difficult to decide but I think the orange theme on the right looks the best. The white armor bits are very reminiscent of portal, and the orange contrasts well with the black arm and leg bits.

Edit: Perhaps she will have a Companion Morph Ball?? :)
  • haZe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haZe greentooth
    Gah, need updates!

Current WIP on the mesh, gotta pick up my pace a bit as I'm still blocking in the tech. Planning to get a ton done this week towards the tech bits and sculpt. Should have steady updates from here out.

wip_mesh_02.jpg

Crazy pre-texture no-eyebrow in-between phase...:poly122:

Weatherman forecasts 90% chance of cables.

wip_mesh_01.jpg
  • jib1337
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jib1337 polycounter lvl 9
    Very.... interesting concept:poly102:
  • Chandler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice start on the mesh, I like the portal idea. I will say her legs don't seem long enough to me right now, though it's possible the skirt and/or perspective are messing with me. Keep at it!
  • haZe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haZe greentooth
    Hey guys, thanks for the comments. I've been rather distracted recently but managed to get serious time in on the sculpt this weekend. I probably won't finish by the deadline, but still plan to finish in the next couple weeks.

@Chandler - definitely the perspective messing with you. I had it at Maya's default 35 [which is just silly if you ask me].

Here's the current progress on the sculpt. Working on gear bits now, hoping to have a full high-res pass by the deadline or this weekend at the latest.

wip_sculpt03.jpg