Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[FIGHTER] Guilty Gear, MILLIA RAGE, Revel

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Revel interpolator
Alight, decided to enter the competition too after seeing a lots of great work that you guys already had just in a short time period since this competition officially started!
My fighter will be Millia Rage from Guilty Gear series. She's one of my favorite character due to her unique weapon which is...her hair.

In case you didn't know who she is :poly124:

214850-millia_large.jpg

Just a short background about her from the Wiki:
"Born of Russian descent, Millia lost both of her parents at an early age. She was thereafter adopted into a nearby Assassin's Guild"

So my redesign will be instead of adopted by some random assassin's guild, Ezio Auditore found her first being attack by some random Bogria Guard and save her. Well you know the rest, she join Ezio's Guild to become a famous assassins in the era.

Quick sketch of the idea (before someone claim it lol)

rp3NY.jpg

Will update it later with color, if I have the mood to color it, or else will start do the base mesh..

She didn't need any hidden blade as her hair can stab people from the back without anyone notice. And the throwing knives to kill people who out of reach, cus basically she really love her hair and don't want to cut it just to throw it to a distance target so she use the knive.

C&C always welcome~

_Revel

Replies

• Revel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Revel interpolator
    Update~
    Here is the color version;

jFRwO.jpg

If you notice I did some changed mostly on her corset design and the boots. Hope the changes makes it looks better, but guess there will be another changes while executing the 3d since it's not a very detailed concept anyway so, continue~!

_Revel
  • Revel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Revel interpolator
    Human body base mesh almost done with a bit of paint over just to see how things related between the concept and the 3d model, looks like I'm not too sure about the proportion though, still looks a bit off somehow.

0W3eO.jpg

At the back I put some kind of "hair-holster" as a place for her hair to rest, oh and it an be either vertical or horizontal gonna decide when I create the actual 3d later. Which one do you guys think looks better having the throwing knife hanging at the hair-holster or on a separate belt like on the 2d concept?
    Any input will be much appreciated!

_Revel
  • Revel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Revel interpolator
    Update on the upper body!

P2R1S.jpg

It's quite a bit of a change form the original concept though but I like it this way more, since it's represent Millia's Guilty Gear costume more with the raised collar and a belt (?)..but the sleeve doesn't looks right, I wonder...

Dang, this section is growing very fast! just a few minutes and my thread pushed 2 pages back! lol..

_Revel
  • Revel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Revel interpolator
    Done most of the body parts.

5iiyN.jpg

Still confuse about her hair though, might do some more experiments with it cus until now still haven't get a good shape.

_Revel
  • Revel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Revel interpolator
    Update..Seems like no one excited about her :(
    Oh well..

wipwm.jpg

Will begin texturing shortly..owh and the hair will add later after posing.
    And no, she's not wearing a short pants, that's her boot up until her thigh heh..

_Revel
  • Straw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Straw polycounter lvl 10
    Hey dude, yeah, too many entries hehe, but don't feel down!
    Are you done with high poly? Show us more of your work and progress!
    Cheers!
  • kisifur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ...Great job...cheers!
  • Revel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Revel interpolator
    Oh wow, this thread! haha..actually not yet..and I'm not planning to continue this for the competition, but definitelly will finish it some day. It's kinda a tight schedule at office in last few days so haven't got any time to continue it (doing this on my free time at office heheh, thanks to the new games that I bought recently, Uncharted 2 and Mortal Kombat, I'm feeling lazy to touch 3ds Max at home). So you might see her in the WAYWO thread if I got any progress on her. Anyway thanks guys! :)

_Revel