Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[FIGHTER] Street Fighter, IBUKI, atomicwasabi

Hey polycount,
For now I'm thinking Ibuki decked out as some kind of mahou shoujo. Considering maybe integrating mech stuff like you would see on those crazy flying-airplane-girls in anime. Thinking about if I want to go completely over the top with the idea or make her more of a bad ass. Maybe even go the goth route. Still thinking through the idea at the moment and might change the base character.

559px-Ibuki_SSFIV_01.jpg

This is the first contest ever and practically the first game character for me. Kind of scary, but I think giving this a good shot should help me out a lot.

Gathering up reference images at the moment and will post later. Thinking of how I'm going to rough out the concept too as I've never really done that before.

Replies

• atomicwasabi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Did some research.

5544019345_2ee01773b4_b.jpg

Did some thumbnails. Will pick one of these and start blocking in base mesh soon.

5544623952_970038d675_b.jpg
  • atomicwasabi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Starting off a bit slow, but going to try and pick things up. Blocked out some basic shapes and going to start modeling hi poly stuff.

Body sculpt. Very rough, but cleaned up some areas I knew wouldn't be covered by clothes.
    5604335008_a98f5aca24_b.jpg

Not entirely confident I got the face to resemble Ibuki. Will do a hair paintover after I get more details in to get a better idea.
    5604335072_550204726a_b.jpg

Blocked in some of the main pieces. Early iterations looked too much slutty trash. Even as rough as these blocks were it still looked trashy to me. Spent hours looking at fashion websites studying color matching, how to properly match stockings/thigh socks with short pants, leg lengths and how it affects stocking choices (ended up making the legs longer cause of that...lower leg proportion was a bit short), which shoes to wear with stockings, shoe and stocking height as it relates to everything else. Didn't realize fashion particularly stockings/thigh socks was so fussy.
    5604335264_8269d13497_b.jpg

Color is just there for organizational purposes will redo color scheme later. Will probably add jewelry, particularly a decorative band across the upper right arm and a staff. Thinking about adding streaming ribbons attached to the upper end of the arm sleeves. They could be like some kind of magic charm with chinese characters on them.
  • Archanex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Archanex polycounter lvl 18
    her facial features looked kinda smooshed towards the middle of her face... costume is lookin cool though
  • Vegas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vegas polycounter lvl 9
    hey mate, this is looking great. I really like the direction she is headed in. Are you also going to model her tanuki? He would be an awesome addition. There are a couple of things that stand out as far as proportions go. I took the liberty of doing a quick adjustment (A very quick one)-
    paintoveribuki.gif
    Keep up the great work mate. Can't wait to see more!
  • atomicwasabi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for pointing those out. Definitely going to revisit the face later and already fixed the torso. A lot easier to fix now than later on. Good catch.

Considering this is a first for me in so many different areas. I'd be pretty happy if I could just finish this entry and have it look decent. So not planning on making her tanuki at the moment. But I've been thinking of finding ways to mix her tanuki in with maybe some jewelry pieces and maybe in the staff if I can fit that in.

I know I update slow. Will try to finish the hi poly stuff and post later this week.
  • atomicwasabi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Being new at this, trying to figure things out is slowing me down quite a bit. But starting to get the hang of zbrush and how to do certain things.

Nearly done with hi poly finally. Just need to finish belts and buckles, jewelry, face and exposed body (especially face and arms...leg actually looks okay to me), figure something out with the ribbon (not sure i like the way it looks), and then touch some things up. So though I'd take a quick break and update.

IBUKI_baseProgress_HI_1a.jpg

IBUKI_baseProgress_HI_1b.jpg

Not really happy with the way the mech piece on the back turned out. And some areas have bit of messy/lame sculpting. Will try to go back and fix as many of those as I can. Concerned with just finishing at this point though.
  • atomicwasabi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hi poly done. Working on low. Only thing missing in the screenshots is part of the earring. Also looking at the original concept...I think I'm going to add frayed edges to the arm hole part of the jacket. I'm hoping simple planes and alpha will do it.

IBUKI_baseProgress_HI_2a.jpg

IBUKI_baseProgress_HI_2b.jpg

Spent a long time adjusting the face then I started to notice that the way the face looks changes a lot when you add missing details. Hopefully it still looks okay once I get the face and eyes textured.

and I just now realized I forgot a zipper.