Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[FIGHTER] Mortal Kombat, REPTILE, nrek

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
nrek polycounter lvl 14
Ok time to get off my ass and do some work again. I think I am going to have to go with an old fav, Reptile. Cheesy concept below.

...change in plans.....

Replies

• Maph
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maph polycounter lvl 8
    Loving the torso, but the snake bod isn't doing it justice imho. :)
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    i agree on the snake bod...i would much rather see reptilian legs, like a minotaur, but with lizard legs..
    kinda like so..

KoboldLizardTrogUrd.jpg
  • nrek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nrek polycounter lvl 14
    Thanks dudes! Yea I wasn't too keen on the snake body either. With the second pass on the concept I am definitely feeling better about it, but at the same time I am already kinda bored of it. So I am going to sleep on it and just play with this idea for a bit.

kirbyiz.jpg
    idea2f.jpg
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] insane polycounter
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Sebeuroc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sebeuroc polycounter lvl 13
    Your concept is looking pretty sweet, I think it's a cool idea. My only crit is that the transition from man to reptile feels kind of abrupt at the waist.
  • indian_boy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Very nice. I like the new direction.
    A lot!
  • Zipfinator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    Sebeuroc wrote: »
    Your concept is looking pretty sweet, I think it's a cool idea. My only crit is that the transition from man to reptile feels kind of abrupt at the waist.

I agree with this. It looks like the bottom reptile part was just sewn onto him or something and then covered up with a sash. Maybe above the sash some scales similar to the ones on the top of the wrist could be shown to make it seem like more of a gradual change.

Also good to see you entering this. I haven't seen much from you since the Croc-o-Style Kit.
  • nrek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nrek polycounter lvl 14
    TeriyakiStyle, indian_boy - Thanks guys, its good to hear you like the new direction.

Sebeuroc - Yea I totally agree about the waist area. I will make sure to really push the scales and mixed flesh more during the sculpting stage.

Zipfinator - Thanks man, I will definitely put more love into the transition area. Work life has kept me super busy since the last challenge so I haven't had much time for personal stuff. But if I have to sacrifice a little sleep to partake in this epic event then so be it :poly124: .
  • Maph
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maph polycounter lvl 8
    I'm liking this komodo dragon take! It's much better than the snake bod imho, but the part from the reptile body's shoulders to where the human torso begins, is way too long. It almost makes him look unstable.
    I suggest lowering the human torso a bit to ease it all out a bit, you could also beef up the reptile body ofcourse; but then you'll enter Centaur-zone imho.

Check out how they did Motaro btw, nice transition from centaur to humanoid thing. :)
    bio.gif
  • nrek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nrek polycounter lvl 14
    Thanks Maph. I see what you are saying about the torso being too long. However having it lower made him too stocky and he lost some of the reptilian feeling. I'll mess with it more later. Very cool link btw.

But at this point I have gone and gotten myself way more excited about doing a demonic soul sucking Kirby. So I'm going to switch gears and put Reptile on the back burner. Be back with concepts later.