polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
EVIL polycounter lvl 18

Replies

• poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    subscribed (when did they let the dutch get 3d modeling packages?)
  • EVIL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EVIL polycounter lvl 18
    Who says I'm using a 3d package? *starts up notepad* LETS GET STARTED!

Small update: added a bit of presentation to the start post. Trying to keep it nice and tidy.

Anyway, I'm thinking of redesigning birdie as a heavily cybernetic enhanced fighter that could possibly exist in a Masamune Shirow, or deus ex world. So lots of stuff replaced with cold hard steel, carbon fiber, transparent super strong plastics, and moving parts! I will for example upgrade his arms since he is originally a wrestler, so he will need more crushing strength.

The reason I am thinking of moving towards a more hard surface modeled character is because thats something I haven't done before! Trying to get out of my comfort zone! it will be a challenge! Its dead easy making organics in zbrush, but its a whole different ballgame when your trying to do hard surface stuff.

so yeah, concept will follow soon, Promise!
  • RMBT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RMBT polycounter lvl 11
    Hey Evil, don't make any promises you can't keep :P
    So...show us your awesome concept art!
  • ENODMI
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ENODMI polycounter lvl 14
    Good choice, Birdie has so much style to build off of!

Evil, you dont happen to know the artist who originally did this illustration of Birdie do you? I had a Street Fighter Alpha 2 book long long ago, and it had this plus a few others by the same artist... another one with Ken with his fist on his hip... anyways, Ive been searching but cant find any of his work credited. Anyone know?
  • RMBT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RMBT polycounter lvl 11
    Don't want to hype your thread too much but uuh....where is the concept art?!