Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Amun Ra - Kalaejyn Warrior

Hey all. Been a while since i posted some of my work on here, but this one is something i've been working on as my first character for UT3, using the Unreal engine.

It's still unfinished, plenty of coding to get done and a few more errors to clean up in the textures and skinning, but i figured i'd post what i've got so far up on here for you guys to have a gander at and have a shout at improvements :)

So i'll start at the beginning:

High Poly Zbrush sculpt
zbrushsculptupdate3.jpg

The style is a kind of mix between futuristic and ancient, using mostly egyptian theming to get this across. It's also vaguely based on the egytpain styling found in WoW: cataclysm, something that has interested me ever since i first saw the artwork.

helmetsandback.jpg
Small update to the high poly, also includes various helmets/facemasks based on both egyptian stlying and current/recent games such as MGS for the cyclops style mask (cyborg Ninja)

First full render of the textures which are almost finished:

textures3.jpg

And now some renders with revised colour placement and a bit more detail.
This one also uses a material Instance Constant (MIC) for both the head/mask and body, combining the reflect material etc, it hasnt altered much which is good.

textures5.jpg

textures6.jpg

So yeah, this is how it stands at the moment. I'm currently having a bit of a problem with the custom faction for this character aswell, but i won't post a massive paragraph about it unless someone wants to give me a hand specifically with that :)