Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

School FPS project concepts.

Hello everyone!

My school group and I are making a FPS as an assignment. We have 10 weeks to complete is with a team of 6 graphics and 5 programmers.

To shorten the post (and also because we, the group, will probably make a bigger post about it later) I will just say that the story revolves around the discovery of cold fusion and some terrorists that took over the facility. So its up to Swedens top agent (the base is in Sweden, our school too! :P ) to go in and take the base back!

I am in charge of some environments and here are some concepts I did for the project:

This is the climax of the game, the reactor room:

1Sdmo.jpg

And this is the entrance to the underground base that leads to the reactor room:

ipgDe.jpg

I havent started doing much except the concepts and texture studies like these:

This is the tiled concrete floor I want to use for the underground entrance I showed before.

jQhP6.jpg

And this is a concrete study I made so I would get the hang of it and can start doing the tiled pieces.

cSKT5.jpg

What do you guys think?

These are my first modular building works so I am a bit nervous to how to work thinking everything piece by piece but it is quite fun actually. I oddly found out that texture work is a lot more rewarding than doing character work, which is shocking since I always thought of myself as an character/modeler/3D artist instead of texture and environment but this is really fun! :D

Anyways, here are some work and I hope you guys like it. Any tips? Ideas? Suggestions? Im more than happy to hear you all out and learn! :D

Cheers!

Replies