Home General Discussion

GDC 2011 - Pics / Stories

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
PeterK greentooth
First,

Some pics: http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?fbid=10150093531827035&id=319541002034&aid=275523

Then a quick story: So, we're sitting there at the polycount meetup at lefty's, everyone around a few tables maneuvered next to each other.

I'm talking/listening to Hanoh and Tim (space monkey) talk about Brink and uncharted. Someone mentioned something about "slimey suits" and I'm sitting there in full producer garb... I said "oh cmon guys, we're not all so bad!" with a chuckle

and so help me god I'll never forget it, Tim, in his lovely accent just looks at me with a dead pan face and says "Pee-tha" (peter). I could not help laughing my arse off. Fantastic fun.

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You made Nick dress up all fancy? How cute.
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    Only because it's black and red, like his KMFDM shirt :)
  • PeterK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PeterK greentooth
    Joe:Next year he'll have to wear a dress.

The idea for the thread is for everyone to post their pics/tell their fun stories , anyone get anything good?
  • JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    When me and some buddies were at the Microsoft party, we were in this little booth in the basement just talking, when all of a sudden I notice a familiar face. I look over to one of the guys and asked "who is that?" I looked back and it dawned on me... it was the one and only Tim Schafer, and a whole bunch of "Holy fuck it's Tim Schafer" was said amongst all of us.

I thought it was cool anyways :(
  • 00Zero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    When me and some buddies were at the Microsoft party, we were in this little booth in the basement just talking, when all of a sudden I notice a familiar face. I look over to one of the guys and asked "who is that?" I looked back and it dawned on me... it was the one and only Tim Schafer, and a whole bunch of "Holy fuck it's Tim Schafer" was said amongst all of us.

I thought it was cool anyways :(

haha. i had the same experience with peter molyneux