Home The Q-Branch Quote game!

Do you even have a name?

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
Haven't played in awhile, but I decided to go with a pic (That was a fun thing to do last I played)

Mysteryscreenone.jpg

Oh, another hint:

This movie had a pretty awesome first 10 minutes, but violently spiraled downward into shit afterward.

Replies

• fearian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fearian greentooth
    nice idea, but not a clue! :)
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    saving private ryan?
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nope, and while the beginning of Saving Private Ryan is super intense, I would say that the movie remained pretty great throughout.

This movie however, just turns into garbage...garbage with pretty sweet art direction.
  • seth.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seth. polycounter lvl 14
    pretty but garbage....umm....skycaptain and the world of tomorrow?
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Getting warmer, most of the sets and scenes were super green screened, and the movie had a sort of future steam punk feel.

another pic
    Mysteryscreentwo.jpg
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Is that from Casshern? Never seen it, but it looked pretty heavy on the green-screen and sepia tinting
  • Rens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Something tells me this is that movie where they start off with a bit of weird history about a huge seal being lifted of the ground, and weird orc like things with blade arms start rushing out, who seem to be unable to kill properly and shit just goes into one massive battle.

I remember a rather famous actor played in it, who with a select group of people got away on some ship. But fuck me i have no clue what that movie was called. I ran into it multiple times on excident few years ago.

As you mentioned garbage, I remember stopping the movie after a bit.
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That's actually it Rens, It's called "The Mutant Chronicles", and it's based on some table top warhammer-like game.

There were several bigger actors in it: Thomas Jane, Ron Perlman, Sean Pertwee, and John Malkovich (who was in it for like 5 minutes), but they all hammed it up for the movie, which kinda worked for the context of it.

I'm gonna give it to you, because you essentially know what movie it is. I wouldn't expect anyone to watch the whole thing through, never mind commit its title to memory.

The only reason I know it, is because I bought the damn thing after seeing the beginning on a bus from someone watching it on their laptop in the seat in front of me, and it looked super interesting because the beginning is this cool gritty steam punk trench warfare. It wasn't the worst movie I bought without looking into it more, but I still regretted it afterward.
  • Rens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the mutant chronicles! yeah! :D

From what i remember the first part is really awesome.
    I picked it up after seeing a trailer and was excited to see John malkovich, but that did not last long.

Most movies have big chunks on youtube, this one has only a trailer,
    I wanted to show some of the movie cause like you mentioned, the setting is really nice.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS9jv8ejIgY[/ame]

I had forgotten all about this movie, thanks for reminding me :D