Home General Discussion

Cintiq 21" Ghosting Issues

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Spark polycounter lvl 18
Just purchased a new laptop, and plugged in my Cintiq to use with it, but now have a ghosting effect on the cintiq. I cannot stand to look at it long as it has a 3 ghosted edge to everything and nothing I have done to calibrate has seemed to help. Was hoping that someone might have come across this issue before and have fixed it somehow. I updated all drivers and what I have found online hasn't helped at all..best suggestion was play with the connector and restart the computer:P Thanks in advance for the help!

Spark

Replies

• greevar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    greevar polycounter lvl 6
    Have you tried it on another machine to see where the fault might me?
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    Did you have the issue before?

Maybe laptops vid card isn't powerful enough? I don't know. Could be a bad connection maybe?
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Does the laptop use DVI, HDMI, or VGA? If its VGA, you might try a higher quality cord, but other than that your limited to the analog signal the VGA port is giving out.
  • Spark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spark polycounter lvl 18
    Hey guy's, yeah on my desktop no issues with the cintiq. And the laptop is a sager high end laptop with 12 gigs on board, and 2 460 sli nvidia cards with 3 gigs total. So I think that should be powerfull enough to handle it, but no other conectors besides DVI, I think I can do hdmi but not sure as it states it has it. Tried bending wires and all that but maybe having a conncetor to the DVI to HDMI will make it work? Thanks for the responses guys!

Spark
  • Two Listen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Two Listen polycount sponsor
    I thought you couldn't run two screens (the laptop's + the cintiq) with an SLI setup if SLI was turned on...? Or am I thinking years ago?

I don't own a Cintiq and have never used one, but I thought I'd remembered reading something awhile back about odd SLI configuration causing problems. I've also seen issues arise as a result of a computer's default monitor drivers conflicting with the official cintiq drivers once they're installed? What's your monitor setup and properties look like, is it listing the Cintiq appropriately? Is it listing anything else that might seem odd?

Have you tried different USB ports, as well? (I assume the Cintiq uses a USB port along with a monitor cable & power cable, yeah?)

Now, not having any experience with them myself, a lot of the above is speculation and "best guess" sort of things, which might make them useless suggestions. But some things to look into, perhaps?
  • pior
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Did you try the auto-config feature? It usually fixes blurry fonts and similar problems...
  • Jasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jasp polycounter lvl 12
    i had this problem when i first plugged my cintiq, i eventually used the DVI-I to DVI-D adapter that comes with it, and it was fine.
  • Spark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spark polycounter lvl 18
    Cool guy's, I will try out those tricks and see what it gives me. I grabbed an DVI to HDMI cable and will try that tonight as well, but hopefully one of these will work! I will let you know in case anyone else has those issues.

Spark
  • Spark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spark polycounter lvl 18
    Just wanted to post the fix that I found for my issues, in case anyone else comes across it. I ended up using the HDMI port for my cintiq ( getting a DVI to HDMI converter ) And that solved the issues of the ghosting, not sure what was up with my DVI input on my new laptop, or if it was an issue with 2 sli cards ( as they said they fixed that in the new drivers from wacom ) But there you go, hope it helps and thanks again guy's for the input.

Spark