Home General Discussion

So Bulletstorm as well?

godlike master sticky
Offline / Send Message
Neox godlike master sticky
What the heck is going on these days? Bulletstorm is leaked as well?

http://wccftech.com/2011/02/18/bulletstorm-leaked/

Replies

• notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Not that I'm condoning it, but that's the kind of result you get when you treat employees like shit. Honestly, they don't seem to get that they need loyalty from employees when you're dealing with a product that can so easily be shared.

Again, I don't condone it though. They may be 'stickin it to the man', but more employees will suffer if the company loses sales to a leaked version.
  • Arcanox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isn't it usually QA guys leaking it or press copies? Seeing this stuff come up a week or two early isn't out of the ordinary. The Crysis thing was ludicrous though.
  • e-freak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't think PCF or anyone else is treating employees like shit. To me it sounds like some stores shipped it too soon and the game got uploaded instantly (could be entirely wrong here though).

If there's a lesson learned for EA it should be "Use damn Steamworks as DRM and don't try to force everyone into EADL coupled with GFWL or Gamespy".

Crossed Fingers for everyone at PCF - great game, can't wait for 22nd :)
  • Pedro Amorim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah. Bulletstorm was already gold long before this happened. So it must be someone in the manufacterer or something.

Fuck the leak! Imma buy this game!!! DICKTITS!
  • Entity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Entity polycounter lvl 18
    Kinda shocked you guys find this surprising, games have been leaked well before release for quite some time now. In fact even MVC3 was leaked a week ago.
  • Ark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ark polycounter lvl 11
    360 must have felt left out with the Crysis 2 on PC and Killzone 3 on PS3.
    Crysis 2 and Bulletstorm both leaked and both from EA. I think EA want to start checking there own back garden before pointing the guilty stick.

I've got it on pre-order and looking forward to it nonetheless.
  • Entity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PS3 version is also leaked
  • metalliandy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    ffs. :(

might as well lock this thread now.
  • r_fletch_r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r_fletch_r polycounter lvl 9
    DICKTITS indeed. Seems EA need to get their shit sorted.
  • Jeremy-S
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy-S polycounter lvl 11
    Pre-ordered Bulletstorm yesterday. Hopefully I'll get it on the 22nd, 4 days away. Is it really that hard to wait 4 whole days and get it? Meh, whatever...
  • Habboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Habboi sublime tool
    Games are always leaked a week before. My mate kept making fun of me cause he was playing Dead Space 2 and I had to wait a week like true customers :D
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    This happens all the time, big deal (just the Crysis leak was a bit exceptional).
  • greevar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    greevar polycounter lvl 6
    This is getting a bit ridiculous. Can we be certain this isn't intentional? I'm starting to think the publishers are trying to justify harsher copyright laws by creating the appearance of more pervasive infringement. There have been four major titles that have been leaked in the past two weeks. What the hell is going on? I don't suppose this has anything to do with the fact that COICA is being considered again would it?
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    This was probably a deliberate leak by Epic, some sort of weird parody on the Crysis/Killzone situtation, like the MW parody they did :P
  • Lazerus Reborn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lazerus Reborn polycounter lvl 8
    This was probably a deliberate leak by Epic, some sort of weird parody on the Crysis/Killzone situtation, like the MW parody they did :P

Sure a wired piss take that costs them shit loads of cash that would float of games...
  • Snefer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snefer polycounter lvl 16

OR the fact that the game is released in four days, which means that the copies have already been shipped, so it was more likely a gamestop employee or something :P A leak 4 days before release is more or less normal these days.

Crysis was exceptional because it was 50 days before release. :P

anyways, release in 4 days, im very excited, hope you guys will enjoy the dicktits ^^
    Andreas wrote: »

that is the stupidest thing I have heard all day :P

notman wrote: »
    Not that I'm condoning it, but that's the kind of result you get when you treat employees like shit. Honestly, they don't seem to get that they need loyalty from employees when you're dealing with a product that can so easily be shared.

Again, I don't condone it though. They may be 'stickin it to the man', but more employees will suffer if the company loses sales to a leaked version.

are you talking about gamestop or PCF/Epic now? ^^ Because its highly unlikely it was a leak from EA or PCF, more likely gamestop or a press copy.
  • Carl Brannstrom
    Been waiting for this for a long time! Really enjoyed Painkiller and Painkiller BOOH by People can fly.

This will be the first game in 6 years that I'll buy on release!
  • Geezus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod

Who says Epic treats their employees like shit? O.o
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Sure a wired piss take that costs them shit loads of cash that would float of games...

Is English your first language? If it is, call an ambo, you are having a stroke :)

Of course I was simply jesting Snef.

People are blowing these leaks way out of proportions (apart from the Crysis one maybe). A lot of the appeal of Bulletstorm is gonna be online/co-op play. Surely its way to risky to play a pirate copy online? Most people who have been waiting for it will buy it.
  • Entity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Don't forget that you get access to Gears 3 multiplayer beta if you preorder it :) I'm sure that'll bring in a huge amount of sales.
  • r_fletch_r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r_fletch_r polycounter lvl 9
    Andreas wrote: »
    Is English your first language? If it is, call an ambo, you are having a stroke :)

Of course I was simply jesting Snef.

People are blowing these leaks way out of proportions (apart from the Crysis one maybe). A lot of the appeal of Bulletstorm is gonna be online/co-op play. Surely its way to risky to play a pirate copy online? Most people who have been waiting for it will buy it.

The thing is you dont need to use a master server to play online, with all the instant VPN software floating about you just need to have a LAN mode and an IP. I dont know what this scene is like now but a few years ago it was massive.
  • Racer445
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Racer445 polycounter lvl 12
    the game is out in 4 days, this is normal and is not a leak.

that said, bulletstorm is awesome and you should buy it.
  • Ghostscape
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghostscape polycounter lvl 13

The game comes out in 4 days. It's been through production and distribution at this point. This isn't a PCF/Epic employee leak.

Leaks happen at the manufacturing stage, the press stage, and the distribution stage. Crysis 2 was unique in that it happened while still in development.
    greevar wrote: »
    This is getting a bit ridiculous. Can we be certain this isn't intentional? I'm starting to think the publishers are trying to justify harsher copyright laws by creating the appearance of more pervasive infringement. There have been four major titles that have been leaked in the past two weeks. What the hell is going on? I don't suppose this has anything to do with the fact that COICA is being considered again would it?

Games have always been leaked early. It's not some fucking conspiracy, it's what happens when you have a heavily marketed product with more than a million people interested in it, and a variety of points along the way where any random shlub can leak it.

I know you desperately want to fight the system and denounce The Man, but you just dig yourself into this deeper hole of naivety whenever you post. Lurk more, and make more art and less posts about how the entire industry has no idea what they're doing and/or is a Disney villain.

Hell, when Saints Row 2 was leaked about 2 weeks early we tried joining someone's game with our Volition1 account while he was streaming the game on justin.tv
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Geezus wrote: »
    Who says Epic treats their employees like shit? O.o

Honestly, I had forgotten the Epic connection. I was referring to EA, who I have read/heard horror stories from.

That aside, just because it was leaked today, does not mean it wasn't leaked from a developer (or former developer). I had forgotten it was so close to the release date though, so those who have commented, are probably correct (that it was from production/distribution employees).
    Racer445 wrote: »
    the game is out in 4 days, this is normal and is not a leak.

It's still a leak, but probably not from Epic
  • Racer445
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Racer445 polycounter lvl 12
    stuff like this is almost always a mom and pop game store selling it before street date. if RETAIL copies are on a store's shelf already then i wouldn't consider it a leak at all. if it was from a distribution center or pressing facility it would be a lot earlier than this, and i might consider that a "leak."

like i said in another thread, there is a store near me that was selling MvC3 nearly a week before street date, this stuff is very common.
  • Ark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ark polycounter lvl 11
    Kinda surprising to read this: http://worthplaying.com/article/2011/2/19/news/79950/. Pretty late to the party and pretty much useless now!