Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Weapon - HK416

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Harbinger polycounter lvl 8
What's up Polycount? I've been a long time lurker, haven't posted much, so I figured it was time to dive in. Here's a little side project I've been working on, it's based off a HK416/M4. I wasn't too worried about accuracy, I just grabbed a bunch of ref images of that style weapon and picked the parts that interested me :)

Let the crits fly!
HK416_01.jpg
HK416_02.jpg

Replies

• Sparkwire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sparkwire polycounter lvl 9
    For one thing, the vertical grip is too short.
  • Cooljay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Another thing. Where is the the barrel at the end of the gun ?
  • Harbinger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Harbinger polycounter lvl 8
    Sparkwire - The fore grip is stubby looking on purpose :)
    Cooljay - That is the barrel, it's an integrated suppressor. At least on my gun it is.

Here's the main ref pic I used:
    DSCN2282.jpg

PS - Waiting on my hosting to kick in so I can post better links to pics.
  • bugworld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    not the 416 we see everyday, but still cool.
    if its for 1st person view I personally could like more geometries.

one thing tho, the inclining surface on the left side(with no ejection port, where on a regular m4 its a tubular form)of the upper receiver seems a bit off.
    But maybe it could be the viewing angle. its just to me the surface right above the bolt catch looks going straight up, while one the real thing it is inclining inward at an obvious angle. Ur normal map seemed reflected that however the low geo looks a bit awkward. Its an important visual feature and im sensing it not perfect.

And I think the protruding thing on the left side of that surface(to the right of the handguard) deserves actual geometries...if it for 1st-person-view.
  • RobertHammer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RobertHammer polycounter lvl 10
    That rifle is not Hk416 - its just M4 and that front thing is not integrated suppressor , its only Flash Hider Noveske KX-3
    KX3%20Pig-2.jpg