Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

In-GamePort Zone Test for GameLoft

franman
polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
franman polycounter lvl 13
I'm doing one of Gameloft's tests as practice. Before showing some of my works, I thought I may share you GameLoft's rules so that you won't critique beyond their boundaries.

Here are the rules:
Based on the above design, you must model a “port zone” scene, respecting a maximum of 3500 triangles.

Your scene must be designed in a realistic style and include at least two “cranes”, a cargo ship (or part of a cargo ship visible to the player), containers, a warehouse, and props of your choosing.

You must respect the ambiance defined for the design: rainy night with a full moon. You do not need to model the player’s weapon nor the player’s arm.

Texturing constraints: Maximum texture size is 512 * 512. You can use multiple 512x512 textures but try to fit a maximum number of objects in the same texture (texture sharing). Only diffuse + vertex color + Lightmap.

Lighting: 1) Vertex colour only + additional patch for light cone.
2) Lightmap only (512x512) + additional patch for light cone

Skybox: Cloudy night sky with a full moon.

Animation (optional): Put in some animated objects in your scene (props etc). This is optionial.

Ground reflection: Partially transparent ground allows you to duplicate some objects in order to fake some reflections (up to you to decide the essential elements).

Integration of rain and water-drop FX is a plus.
So without further delay here's some of my work; so far the total number of tris is around 3150.PortOverview.jpgWareHouse.jpgUnderGroundDoor.jpgUnderGourndArea1.jpgUnderGroundArea2.jpgUnderGroundArea.jpgCraneBoat.jpgWall.jpgBridge.jpgShipRear.jpgShipFront.jpgBipedDoorRailingComparison.jpg