Home General Discussion

Making of Dragon Age II

Replies

• DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    eww to the blood spatter?

I hope they really fix it before releasing the part 2.
  • CJE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CJE polycounter lvl 13
  • kaze369
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kaze369 polycounter lvl 8
    I love DAO, but I was never a fan of the blood everywhere concept. It seemed like an anime thing.
  • TortillaChips
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TortillaChips polycounter lvl 10
    Yeah I feel the same with the blood. I noticed the art director seems very keen on it though, almost as if they had to comprimise with blood everywhere.
  • Will Faucher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Will Faucher polycounter lvl 12
    Well, realistically, melee combat is very bloody. I don't even want to imagine how much blood you'd be covered in after a battle, during, say, the great crusades. Chopping someone's head off definitely isn't clean business.

Granted, in Dragon Age, it just feels to decal'd. It would drip and smear and etc.
  • kaze369
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Prophecies wrote: »
    Well, realistically, melee combat is very bloody. I don't even want to imagine how much blood you'd be covered in after a battle, during, say, the great crusades. Chopping someone's head off definitely isn't clean business.

Granted, in Dragon Age, it just feels to decal'd. It would drip and smear and etc.

That's kinda what I mean. A lot of small battles in the game had huge amounts of blood splatter.
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    Prophecies wrote: »

Ya but "realistically speaking," they dont layer up and fade as well you know? After the battles and what not you would require a good bath with heavy fluids to get the blood off. Since we are talking about game which is not soo realistic. I am cool with blood spatter, I just dont like it when they could've done a better job at defining the blood on one's skin. Right now in the second part. It is still terrible. Either do it right if you want to be realistic, or dont do it at all.

EDIT: But the game play looks improved.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    I'm sure there's an option to turn the blood off, most games have the gore option guys.

The sequel looks awesome, I finally snagged Dragon Age Ultimate Edition over the holidays and am setting it up now so I am ready for this sequel! Love Bioware's RPGs!
  • kaze369
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg wrote: »
    I'm sure there's an option to turn the blood off, most games have the gore option guys.

The sequel looks awesome, I finally snagged Dragon Age Ultimate Edition over the holidays and am setting it up now so I am ready for this sequel! Love Bioware's RPGs!

I think you're missing the point. I like the blood and gore, but it becomes too over the top if you just stab someone and 5 gallons of blood come out.

edit: I've already pre-ordered my copy for the 360 but now that I have my new PC with a kick ass gaming card I wish I could transfer that saved data of DAO to the PC version of DA2.
  • RexM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Why does it seem like the graphics, art assets, and overall art direction were downgraded, as opposed to the first title??
  • TortillaChips
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TortillaChips polycounter lvl 10
    I haven't seen much but it sorta does look that way. It feels like it's been made more stylized and less grim with probably less little details, maybe more colour? It's been a while since I played Origins. I think I'm prefering this newer look though.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    Only thing that looks iffy to me is that it seems that you are given a main character. While this encourages more detailed, thought out dialogue/interaction (what with only having to worry about 1 voice) I may miss being able to make my own random dude. Though, I suppose they may go the way of Mass Effect with minor face editing and gender selection, if there is any customization at all.