Home General Discussion

30% off Frozen Synapse

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Yozora polycounter lvl 11
If you want to pick up a Frozen Synapse pre-order this Christmas, it's 30% off until December 25th with coupon code JINGLE if you order direct from
http://www.frozensynapse.com/

£17 looks quite expensive for a indie game, actually its the most expensive price tag for indie game I've seen so far.
But 30% off and you get 2 copies, technically makes it around £6 per copy which is a decent price for any decent game.
I have no idea why they didn't just halve the price and give only 1 copy, surely that would be better for sales?

Anyway...
I'm going to preorder it, just seeing if someone wants to split the cost with me? :p

Replies

• Calabi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Calabi polycounter lvl 12
    Its not expensive for an indie. Indie games are not the definition of cheap as chips.

The content justifies the price not the definition.
  • Yozora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yozora polycounter lvl 11
    Maybe I typed it too unclearly, or you just misread (or chose to only read the first sentence). I wasn't saying its too expensive, it just looks it at first glance if you don't see that you get 2 copies for that price. Which led me to my question of why sell 2 for £17 instead of 1 for £8.50. Or better yet, why not sell 1 for £10 and then 2 for £17.

If it were £17 for one copy though, then yes it is clearly expensive for an indie. Look at the prices of all new indie games on any gaming platform and you will see that the average is below £12 (or 1200 MS points).

Given the choice 2 for £17 or 1 for £10, I will still go for the 1 just because I don't think it's worth the hassle of finding a buddy to share the purchase with for any game, and I'll believe the £10 is reasonable for the game I'm buying.

It's a different story for food and other consumables (like ink cartridges for example) though, since I can consume/use both portions of whatever the thing is while the game I cannot.

I do realize there will be many people who do prefer to buy games in pairs/bundles, which is why there should always be a choice, to make everyone happy (and they get more profits from the single sales if they cost a bit more, it's win/win)