Home Technical Talk

Beginer Question #2 Fraps

I want to take a screenshot while 3ds max11 is open.I seen in fraps you can assign a button to take a screenshot but 3ds max11 seems to have all there buttons filled up and i dont want to mess with its defaults.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
  • Builder_Anthony
    Thankyou printscreen worked for viewports.

Unfornately it doesnt seem to want to take a picture that is rendered.
  • TortillaChips
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TortillaChips polycounter lvl 10
    So you've rendered something and you want to take a screenshot of the render window? Could you not just save the picture that has been rendered? Or would print screen without Fraps not be sufficient?
  • Calabi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Calabi polycounter lvl 12
    You dont need fraps to take a screenshot just use printscreen like cryid said. That copys the image to a the clipboard or whatever and then paste that into mspaint or whatever image package you have and save it however you want.
  • Builder_Anthony
    Once i render a object it brings up a current display of the model.At the top of this page is a save image button.You can click that then look for save image as file type.Then just select where you want the picture to be saved to.

Just figureing out the basics here for 3dsmax11.Its a fun little program and i cant ait to get good at it.I guess ill be in the forums alot.
  • Builder_Anthony
    Once i render a object it brings up a current display of the model.At the top of this page is a save image button.You can click that then look for save image as file type.Then just select where you want the picture to be saved to.

Just figureing out the basics here for 3dsmax11.Its a fun little program and i cant ait to get good at it.I guess ill be in the forums alot.hotpokerphoto.jpg
  • Builder_Anthony
  • Builder_Anthony
    I keep getting a error on polycount.Token has expired...What the heck is that?
  • stop619
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stop619 polycounter lvl 8
    Here is an alternate method using the "Grab Viewport" command.
    1. Activate the viewport you want to capture.
    2. Choose Tools menu ac.menuaro.gif Grab Viewport ac.menuaro.gif Create Still Image File. A dialog appears that allows you to add a label to your snapshot.
    3. Enter a label for your snapshot, if desired. The label will appear in the lower-right corner of the image.
    4. Click Grab. The Rendered Frame Window opens to display a snapshot of your viewport.
    5. Click (Save Image) to save your image.
    If you want a jpg, I read somewhere to save as tiff or targa and then use Photoshop (or similar application) to save as jpg. It's an extra step, but supposedly the jpg algorithim found in Max not that great (according to what I read, I can not confirm that statement :)).

S6