Home General Discussion

Fast Five

Rwolf
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/universal/fastfive/
Trailer.

Hey guys, thought I would post this up. It's been about 10 years since I starting making add-on cars for Carmageddon. And although I never worked in a game studio to date. I finally had a chance to work on a big budget movie. :)

Replies

• aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    guilty pleasure movie.
    (please be on par with the first one!)
  • gsokol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh man another one? haha.

2 fast 2 furious and tokyo drift were pretty terrible. I threw up in my mouth when they put a skyline motor into an otherwise beautiful 67 mustang.

Fast and Furious was good though, I'm sure I'll watch this too.

So you worked on this? Congrats!
  • Autocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
    aesir wrote: »
    guilty pleasure movie.
    (please be on par with the first one!)

QFT guilty pleasure movie indeed.

congratz on getting to work on this
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    Oh wow haha i might watch this. That Rio setting is pretty sweet.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    grats.. looks like vin's put on a few pounds like he's trying out for wrestling with the Rock or something
  • VPrime
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VPrime polycounter lvl 9
    Woo, can't wait! the fast and furious movies are so entertaining :)
  • [HP]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [HP] polycounter lvl 13
    VPrime wrote: »
    Woo, can't wait! the fast and furious movies are so entertaining :)

The first one was, the other ones were pretty meh.
    I remember I was pretty excited for the 4rd sequel, bringing back the old actors from the first but it ended up being pretty disapointing.

This one promises to be quite interesting, but can't help the feeling they're milking this cow a little bit too much now! :) If it's on par with the first one, it will be awesome.

Oh and Congrats Rwolf!
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    Movie is out, checking it out next week tho cheap tuesdays. From a friend, looks like I got my first credit listing in the credit roll :D

I guess I can say now that I worked on
    Corvette, Pantera, and Bits of the tow truck of the train sequence
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    First one is a good honest flick, its not too chavved up, but just "not shit" enough to watch. Its a popcorn flick, something to put on when you don't want to think, you just want to kick back.

The folowing 3 movies were just... Awful. So awful. I mean, so awful you couldn't actually watch them to relax, because they would just annoy you...

The new one however... I have to say, it looks spot on, REALLY good... Too good in fact for what this series sank into. I'm actually quite looking forward to seeing it.
  • VPrime
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VPrime polycounter lvl 9
    Saw it, quite good action/ car movie. LOTS of cliche cheesy moments though....
    for s franchise that started and is based on street racing, I was quite disappointed to see zero racing... Infect they skip over a race completely and just assume a win... Kind of bogus.
  • The Mad Artist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Mad Artist polycounter lvl 13
    Going to see this tonight, the Fast and Furious movies are always entertaining popcorn movies. Also hoping to see the new Transformers trailer on the big screen. Congrats on working on it!
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    I personally loved every single one of them to date. tokyo drift more than the second one. I actually really liked drift. cant wait to see this one.