Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Armour Guy

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
J-kid polycounter lvl 12
Hello everyone I've just been working on a new project which i have not so long a go started. I have started on his body and so far I have made a base mesh in 3ds Max and sculpted in Zbrush but something just doesn't seem right to me i haven't really bothered much with his head as i jus done that as a base to start off the rest of the body. Crits & Comments will be welcome. :)

Pic2.jpg

Pic1.jpg

Replies

• Sebeuroc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sebeuroc polycounter lvl 13
    Your anatomy needs some work, especially in the legs. Also, the top forearm muscle feels like it's bulging too much. The sternocleidomastoid muscle in the neck seems really undefined as well.
  • Hoopla!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hoopla! polygon
    what are you using as references?
  • Rockley Bonner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rockley Bonner polycounter lvl 12
    this looks like a barely edited base mesh. Updates?
  • J-kid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    J-kid polycounter lvl 12
    Sebeuroc: thanks for the crit i'll be working on that right away and i'll be showing on the next update

Hoopla!: I've used an image of a boxer that somebody made on cgsociety it was all i had while i wasn't connected to the internet

By the way everyone I was experiencing a problem with zbrush when i was doing the leg, you may have noticed that on his right leg it seems to be bulging out more than his left leg but it doesn't seem to do that on the upper half of his body do you have any advice on how to fix this problem.

Does anybody know any good anatomy websites? I'm really in need of them i look on google images but there's only a few that help me
  • J-kid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    J-kid polycounter lvl 12
    Okay here's the mesh I started off with.

Base1.jpg

Also I've worked on his back the shape of his legs a little bitand yes I know he has no ear.

Pic6.jpg

Pic5.jpg

Pic4.jpg
    pic3.jpg

Crits and comments are welcome be as helpful as you can be. Thanks
  • Wonkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wonkey polycounter lvl 10
    Hoopla! wrote: »
    what are you using as references?
    Can we see it?
  • J-kid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    J-kid polycounter lvl 12
    Here's the reference i'm using, but it's not only that i'm also using pics of body builders and muscle anatomy

112444_1241784609_medium.jpg

jm_boxerDefeat.jpg
  • J-kid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    J-kid polycounter lvl 12
    Okay here's an update on the head and the legs Crits and comments are welcome

Head4.jpg

Head2.jpg

Head1.jpg

Pic9.jpg

Pic8.jpg

Pic7.jpg
  • Drakon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Drakon polycounter lvl 6
    His arms seem a bit short to me, it just might be because the hands are missing, but his elbow doesnt seem to reach as low as the reference photo
  • Razgriz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Razgriz keyframe
    In the future, don't use other game art as your main source of reference, just use actual human anatomy and other pictures of boxers. As brilliant as the art might be, its always better to work from the real thing.
  • J-kid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    J-kid polycounter lvl 12
    thanks for the advice razgriz i only used it at the start to get the basic shape of the body and then i just got pictures of human anatomy
  • Hoopla!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hoopla! polygon
    Razgriz wrote: »
    In the future, don't use other game art as your main source of reference, just use actual human anatomy and other pictures of boxers. As brilliant as the art might be, its always better to work from the real thing.

this.

i was the ref and thought..... oh no. oh no, no, no.

ha ha.
  • J-kid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    J-kid polycounter lvl 12
    Okay i haven't managed to update (even though I did manage to fix the mirroring problem even though that costed me a little bit of detail) much on this model but here you go crits and comments are welcome.

I have came up with a story for this guy and what do you guys think will add more character to his face

Name: Unknown but he is known as Sharp-Eye by his squad of 3 as he can spot enemies from over 200 yards and manage to get a headshot. He can also manoeuvre quickly.

Age: Nobody knows his real age but it is believed that he is between the age of 25 and 35.

Origin: He left school at the age of 16. He gave up school as he was getting low grades and he joined the army. Since then he has been fighting in a war against Russian and Asian terrorists with Britain, Germany, and France.

Sharp-Eye was the gunner on a mounted Hummer as his squad was being chased down by a couple of terrorist vehicles after he was saved from being held hostage by terrorists. They were trying to get to where their helicopter was coming to pick them up. Sharp Eye jumped on to the helicopter rope and tried to pull himself up but the terrorists shot his arm and he could pull himself up and dropped from the rope and broke his legs and caused him to be disabled from him landing hard on his back. Luckily for him he was good friends with a scientist, Jimmy Venus, who used to go to the same school as him. He made a fitted suit which also gave him the ability to walk and run like any person. This suit helped fight in the war what caused him to be disabled while it was still a prototype but Sharp-Eye still managed to escape the testing facility with it.

Also here's some pictures

Pic12.jpg

Pic11.jpg

Pic10.jpg

Head7.jpg

Head6.jpg

Head5.jpg

By the way does anybody know any good way of doing details on his forehead because to me it looks plain and anybody know a good way of doing skin pores i've been finding it difficult to find a good tutorial.
  • StefanH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StefanH polycounter lvl 12
    show your stuff in perspective view. Also the knees seem to be bent outwards.
  • StefanH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StefanH polycounter lvl 12
    the calves are too low. The pelvis is missing (indication of pelvis bone). Triceps is missing.

Dont worry about skin pores dude. get the basic shapes right :) Just work on that. Thats where the true magic happens. Your face is still very undefined. There is a lot of work ahead.

Also: the sternoids are to much in the front which makes the neck look funny.

Define the collar bone and the deltoids more.

Not trying to bring you down. I know its WIP just writing down some stuff i noticed.#

Cheers
  • J-kid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    J-kid polycounter lvl 12
    StefanH: what is the sternoids and would could i do to make his face look more defined