polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
3devo polycounter lvl 12

Replies

• Martin Henriksson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Martin Henriksson polycounter lvl 9
    amazing game, blown away by the graphics. I want to play it on PC with a big screen so i can watch the purdy images ;D
  • fmnoor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fmnoor polycounter lvl 17
    I'm really enjoying this, I think the concept of having to replay the game multiple times is pretty neat especially when you see the enemies getting more and more bad ass.

Pretty graphics too
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Loving this. Such a fun game. It's like Punch-Out and Diablo had a baby.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    :( sad i can't play... no ipad or ipod touch....
  • evilblah
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    evilblah polycounter lvl 18
    So good. I really like looking for the small hidden paths scattered around. =)
  • Muzzoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Muzzoid polycounter lvl 10
    loving it.

Holy fucking fuck. Its at number 2 in australia with its $8 price tag. Everything else up there is $1. Us other iphone devs just got pwned.

MOTHER FUCKETY FUCKERS.

Its at number one in america. Im estimating over 50,000 sales for their first day, and with the 70% profit sharing and price tag thats about a quarter of a mill turnover first day.
  • Talbot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I didn't think I was going to like this game but it is surprisingly addictive! And there are a ton of items to buy. And multiplayer is coming soon. So much fun!

@Muzz. Well just by looking at your icon I can say that I have played your game and I loved it!

If anyone wants to add me on gamecenter my name is stalbot.
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    Sexy graphics.

I'd love to see the texture flats
  • hobodactyl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hobodactyl polycounter lvl 18
    I got to try this out for a few minutes at work, it's super fun! Great graphics with fun gameplay :)
  • JordanW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JordanW polycounter lvl 19
    :D Glad to see everyone's liking it!
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    really really impressive game, any info on the making of? like how long was it in development? was it really all fully sculpted models baked to normal maps like in full size console games? it must have taken an incredible effort and teamwork to pump out all this great artwork and such consistent quality of gameplay and style throughout.
  • VPrime
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VPrime polycounter lvl 9
    Was looking forward to this, I will probably pick it up shortly...
    Just a shame my game got released at the same time, who would buy my game for 99 when they could put that towards something that looks so awesome :(
  • kwakkie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kwakkie polycounter lvl 12
    Does this work on a 3G? Looks amazing!
  • VPrime
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VPrime polycounter lvl 9
    kwakkie wrote: »
    Does this work on a 3G? Looks amazing!

I think it is iPhone 4 and iPad only.
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    Ged wrote: »
    really really impressive game, any info on the making of? like how long was it in development? was it really all fully sculpted models baked to normal maps like in full size console games? it must have taken an incredible effort and teamwork to pump out all this great artwork and such consistent quality of gameplay and style throughout.

Chair has proven their worth with Shadow Complex already, so this sort of quality shouldn't come as a surprise?
  • JordanW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JordanW polycounter lvl 19
    It runs on iphone4, ipad, and iphone 3gs.

"was it really all fully sculpted models baked to normal maps like in full size console games?"

Yes
  • Tom Ellis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    After reading it was 'on rails' I was a bit skeptical on how good it would be. Turns out it is indeed a lot of fun, and there's no doubt it's stunning, as plenty of people have said.

It certainly makes me even more excited for the UDK iPhone tools.

I'm curious though, from a performance perspective, does the 'on-rails' thing allow for a much higher level of graphical detail due to lack of possible exploration?

This game seems to be widely regarded as the most technically impressive game on iOS, but in a way, outside of its graphics.. its kinda not that impressive at all.

When you look at games like Dungeon Hunter, and recently Eternal Legacy, they're massive, semi open world games and the graphics are still reasonable... nothing on Infinitiy Blade of course, but still very good all things considered (it's a phone).

Hopefully we'll get to answer that for ourselves once the UDK thing comes out, really really excited to see where things go once the tools are released.
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    Xoliul wrote: »
    Chair has proven their worth with Shadow Complex already, so this sort of quality shouldn't come as a surprise?

I really had no clue who Chair was, I thought they were a new company just making apps, nice to see a blurring of the lines between console developer and app developer. Still would like to know more about how the project was managed and for how long.
  • sinistergfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sinistergfx polycounter lvl 18
    It's pretty awesome.

Though, is it just me or does the iPad version lack specular lighting on the characters? They look all nice and shiny on my 3GS.
    I'm guessing that this may have been done due to save memory, the iPad and 3GS have the same amount of memory, but the ipad has to render at 1024x768 while the 3GS renders at 480x320.

I'd really like to see what this is like on iPhone4 with the increased texture res!
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    controls look retarded in the videos. are the finger swipes actually fun?
  • sinistergfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sinistergfx polycounter lvl 18
  • crazyfool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfool polycounter lvl 13
    sorry about being late :)

This game is fucking awesome :D I cant believe how amazing it looks. I played it on a friends 4th gen and couldnt believe how gorgeous it was, Ive only got 3rd gen so its not so pretty but still breath taking for an ipod game. Im loving the unreal engine on this puppy.

Character design is mainly awesome, well for me anyway, and the specular on everything is gorgeous. yea its short but its got some replay in it in levelling up your character and equipment. Im on my second way through because I got owned at the end but am looking forward to stabbing him in the nuts!!! 100% worth the price tag.

would love to know more about its development aswell :)
  • Tom Ellis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jordan... since I know you're watching this thread... could you give us the tiniest hint at when we might be able to get our hands on the iOS tools in UDK? Pretty please?

Ballpark? Dec beta? Early 2011? 2012?

Because I'm so damn excited!
  • PixelGoat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelGoat polycounter lvl 12
    Sectaurs wrote: »
    controls look retarded in the videos. are the finger swipes actually fun?

Yes. Never had so much fun with an Iphone game before.
  • vofff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vofff polycounter lvl 10
  • nrek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nrek polycounter lvl 14
    I love this game, finally beat the end boss today. I am very curious to see how it will handle multiplayer when that comes out :).

UDK iOS support can not come soon enough!!
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    ive been ill and playing it at home a bit on me ipad is it worth trying it out on the iphone4 too gfx look better... but that means getting out of bed to sync my phone ;-(
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    SPOILERS BELOW

I've been playing this a fair bit the last few days and beat the God King in the 5th Bloodline.
    When you defeat the God King, you become the new one? Only when you get to the end in the next bloodline, the God King is the same again.
    I also tried the alternative ending, where you join the God King. Except after the credits, it just throws you back to the start of the God King fight. Bugged?

I found some of the achievements don't unlock properly. I'm level 27 right now, yet the Level 10 and Level 20 achievements are still locked (plus a bunch of others). I'm playing on an iPod Touch (Gen 4) with wifi access.

Overall, great game!
  • 00Zero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok somebody enlighten me. all you do is swipe on the monster any which way? then block when he tries to hit you? does that pretty much sum up the gameplay?

obviously it looks and runs beautifully, but...is that all there is to the gameplay? you swipe on the monster? and it flashes and you hurt him?
  • PixelGoat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelGoat polycounter lvl 12
    You can sum up the gameplay in just about any game like that 00Zero :P

Gears of War: Hide behind cover and shoot at the badguys.

The combat in Infinity blade is actually pretty deep. You just dont swipe, you perform diffently angled attacks depending on the angle of your swipe. and rack up different combos depending on the order of your strikes. You can also parry and counter attack the enemies moves by swiping in the opposite direction of his attacks, timing is crucial! aswell as block, dodge and cast spells by drawing the correct sign on the screen.
    It is a shitload of fun, but its appeal cant really be described in words, you have to try it :)
  • crazyfool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfool polycounter lvl 13
    pixelgoat beat me to it :( haha

pretty much but its not that simple and its loads of fun and super pretty. You gotta dodge in the right direction with the right timing according to the ememies movement and counter parry their attacks with well timed and accurately stroked strikes which takes a little to get used to and judge where their strikes are coming from, when you parry a 6 hit combo from them until their guard break its really thrilling :) You got super attacks aswell that build up over battle aswell as a cool magic system that sees you drawing symbols on the screen for their corresponding spells. the strikings not just swipe the screen like a madman either as the systems quite accurate and you can work some nice combos with good timing and directions.

You also have a nice leveling up system where you level up your character and a plethora of weapons, armour, shields, helms, and magic rings to buy and master through XP points.

Im really loving it, Im on my 5th bloodline and the god king keeps owning me right at the end when his healthbar is almost gone but starts doing super quick combos. die everytime :) need to level up some more.