Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Frank-WIP bust sculpt

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Dan! polycounter lvl 6
finished up the domwar mini and figured i had some time to do something quick and fun- here's an interpretation of Frankenstein.. wearing a suit and tie...Clothes are blocked in atm, probably add a pocket square for extra class. C+C appreciated.
frankwip.jpg

Replies

• Dan!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dan! polycounter lvl 6
    ok moved nice n fast on this- I used this to test out some workflows for fun ZB4 features like spotlight for his coat texture. He's got some polypaint on him for color separation and AO guess i'll call him done for now-thanks for looking

frankfinish.jpg
  • Bigjohn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bigjohn polycounter lvl 11
    Looks good dude, I like it. One thing you may wanna try, is having a stitch go around one of the ears, and making them significantly different shapes. As if they were grafted on from two different sources.
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    He needs a monocle to be extra fancy though! Looks great though otherwise man. Add some brain too up top.
  • JimeeB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JimeeB polycounter lvl 10
    That's not Frankenstein. That's his monster.
    Common misconception.

I agree with jeffro. Monocle. Also a top hat. A tiny one.

Also on another note, the TRUE monster was actually even more ugly than this. I say PUSH IT FURTHER.
  • StevenEgan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StevenEgan polycounter lvl 9
    JimeeB wrote: »
    Also on another note, the TRUE monster was actually even more ugly than this. I say PUSH IT FURTHER.

The true monster? :poly122:

Looks good Dan, the only crit I have is that some of the details on the face seem a bit washed out. Like they were sculpted on a layer, then the opacity was turned down. I'd say just amp the details a little.

Looks good otherwise.
  • Dan!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dan! polycounter lvl 6
    BigJohn- I think I will do that thanks!
    Jeffro- hah! damnit now i have to do a monocle...top hat might be too OTT
    JimmeeB- thanks for the tip- i'll push the grotesque on the next one i promise but i think this one might not go too much further.
    stevenegan-I agree- I'll pop those details harder- thanks.