Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Ceebee Stuffs - Time to get crackin'

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
ceebee polycounter lvl 14
So I have the habit of not posting any of my work anywhere, which I need to start breaking especially if I ever intend on becoming a good character artist. I've got about 8 months left of school and I want to make the best of it outside of school as well. I figured the best place to start posting stuff for crits would be Polycount, since there are a lot of amazingly talented people here that I look up to.

Here's a character I started about a week ago, about 5 hours into it so far. My intention was to do a character similar to Firefall's style with somewhat exaggerated proportions and armor (but still anatomically viable). Excuse the fingers and feet, haven't started on those yet. I'm mainly looking for crits on the body right now, I'm at an impasse and can't figure it out. I also started polypainting a quick design on what I want for the armor to be (heavy bevels and cylindrical qualities included in final design). I want to do a dark but sexy version of the Firefall female, with black matte black armor and glowy orange or red bits. Also, I realize her tits/hips are large, that's what I'm going for but I could be wrong in my execution, so crits welcome :P

girl_crit.jpg

girl_armordesign.jpg

Any paintovers or crits welcome. Need to have the high poly (no low or textures yet) of this character done in a few days, so I'm starting to speed this process up.

Replies