Home General Discussion

What about Unity tags in polycount ?

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
Noors greentooth
I have no idea if this is technically possible, but, wouldn't be cool to be able to show 3d stuff directly in polycount threads with the unity web player, like a youtube/flash video ?

like :
[unity]http://dl.dropbox.com/my_awesome_thingy.unity3d [/unity]

It would be like web 3.0 ololol

Replies

• Noors
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noors greentooth
    So Polycount should be only firefox complient then ! Problem fixed.
    :|
    well, we can assume they'll fix their plugin for chrome soon enough. Also, it would only load the file when you click on it, like an embedded youtube video, so the thread itself wouldn't make chrome crash.
  • Skamberin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skamberin polycounter lvl 13
    That would actually be extremely awesome. Would let people take a real good look at the model. if someone could whip up a default "polycount model viewer" of sorts, that let you switch between wireframe mode, diffuse only, normal only, spec etc.
  • Ben Apuna
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I would like this feature added to Polycount as well. It would be even cooler to include some of the other engine's players such as Neoaxis and Shiva.

It's a shame UDK doesn't have a web player (yet?).
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I remember it being suggest before when we had a polycount what-if-wish-list thread and a lot of people thought it was a good idea but hard to implement.

Read: it would cost $$, so buy polycount swag and it has a better chance of happening.
  • Noors
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noors greentooth
    Oh gawd i wish everything could be free and everyone would dance naked in sunflower fields. (i deffo need a new green tshirt)