Home General Discussion

Bungie's Next game apparently on PC!

Replies

• Bigjohn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bigjohn polycounter lvl 11
    ooh, this is exciting.

Wasn't there some rumor a few years ago about a Halo MMO, or some other MMO from them? I wonder if this is related...
  • Klumpmeister
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No the Halo MMO was another project made by a different developer.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    That also means though it probably wont be steam if M$ releases it. Will have to use the PC Xbox Live Service to buy it online and play through its match making services.

It also still doesn't get Bungie back to its roots...

Macs.

Edit: Ok saw Activision. Hence first portion null and void. Still. No Macs.
  • vcortis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vcortis polycounter lvl 9
    If you think Bungie would release free DLC for their game while they're owned by Activision you're out of your mind lol.
  • Autocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
    I think its Activision law that DLC must be over priced. They must be going like WTF is Blizzard doing giving away so much free content! And in reality I think the days of free DLC for the PC are gone after Activision showed how charging boat loads for only 3 new maps could net you millions.

Also wasnt it already announced they were going to have there next IP on PS3, Xbox and PC already when they first said they were going multiplatform?
  • Purplepaint
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Purplepaint polycounter lvl 8
    I'm excited for this.. however if bungie is with Activision there definately will be no free dlc. Pretty cool that its probably gonna be a pc game.

and @ Autocon: i'm pretty sure they did announce somewhere that the next IP would be multiplatform for ps3, 360, and pc however that may have changed.. however it will definately have nothing to do with Halo.

Sorry for the poor grammar/spelling i am pooched and about to hit the hay
  • Purplepaint
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hboybowen wrote: »
    Yea PC is Steam's territory. Plain and simple cant reinvent the wheel that works exactly like the wheel before.

When i see SC2 and WoW and D3 on Steam, i'll cry.
  • roosterMAP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    roosterMAP polycounter lvl 12
    I have yet to forgive bungie to abandoning the PC gamers.

I use to mod for the first halo. In face, I remade Narrows for halo 1. check it out here: http://vimeo.com/15148819
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
    To be fair, bungie was never much (if at all) PC at any time, apple fans might be able to say it though.

Halo:CE was a port by gearbox, wasn't it?
  • Purplepaint
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hboybowen wrote: »
    well blizzard is one of those ppl who thinks they can become the next steam. D2D and the rest are mad they cant. Some retailers in the UK are threatening to ban steam.I think Onlive had a chance but they are doing it all wrong. They should just have had ppl say buy a game and install it on there onlive service (so you can play Crysis on your crappy comp) aswell as buy from it. So they would basically be integrating with Steam and stealing from Steam but dont owe them shit

I wouldnt say that blizzard see's themself as the next steam considering they release there own games.. and the new system they do it on is much better then before. I'm sure they definately took ideas from steam but, SC2 WoW and Diablo are all Blizzard games.

But i see your point :)