Home Technical Talk

3ds Max Normal errors Unusual problem Pic Inside

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
waedoe polycounter lvl 8
so i wrote on the pic most of the problem, ive tried resetting max restarting resetting all the materials to no avail on the original file, it looks like im baking wrong but when i export and import the normals look fine with the same real time shader. Only problem is when i import my files back into max they get wierd black blobs :(

errors.jpg

Replies

• Ben Apuna
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks like your triangulation got flipped in some areas. Are you working with a editable poly or edit poly? if so try spinning the hidden edges in the affected areas to see if that clears it up.

Why are you importing back into max rather than just using the same model you built in max?
  • waedoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    waedoe polycounter lvl 8
    Ben Apuna wrote: »
    Looks like your triangulation got flipped in some areas. Are you working with a editable poly or edit poly? if so try spinning the hidden edges in the affected areas to see if that clears it up.

Why are you importing back into max rather than just using the same model you built in max?

so the flash light with the normals that look wierd is the exact same model as the flash light with the normals that look good. The thing is its the scenes that are different and i dont know why when i go to a new scene the normals view properly.
  • Ben Apuna
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's weird, maybe the vertex normals got jacked up somehow. You could try to fix them with a edit normals modifier.
  • waedoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    waedoe polycounter lvl 8
    3 point seems to work alot better than xoulils but xoulils has always worked for me before, just seems strange that its messing up now.