Home Technical Talk

Photoshop cs4 pan preview

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
TWilson polycounter lvl 18
I get the feeling I'm the only one afflicted by this...

disable_pan_preview.jpg

What this is, is a pan preview square. Once I release H in this scenario the camera will zoom in to that square. It is activated by holding H and clicking to pan.

I'd really like to disable this pan preview mode. It's horribly useless to me. It happens as a result of some muscle memory to hold H to pan while I have the B brush selected. I realize I could try to get used to spacebar instead but it's been at least 15 god damn years doing it this way and it's hard to stop.

To make it worse, it doesn't focus on the area you were working but instead centers on the entire image >:O

EDIT: This happens when holding SPACE too while I have another tool selected such as the Brush. Unavoidable.

Replies

• bugo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bugo polycounter lvl 17
    sorry that i dont know your answer Tyler, but I guess I know what you're working on over there? ;)
  • Bigjohn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bigjohn polycounter lvl 11
    Oh man, I came here looking for an answer, but I see there's already a thread about it.

I don't even know how I'm activating it, but it's driving me nuts, it's got something to do with rotating the canvas. Happens every time I do that.

Anyone have any idea how to disable that thing?