Home General Discussion

Anomaly - Party at the Vancouver Aquarium

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
KateC polycounter lvl 7
I found a general discussion post for last year's Anomaly party, but couldn't track one down for tomorrow's event. Anyone headed out to the aquarium Saturday night? Craig Mullins is going to be there, along with some other awesome 2D/3D artists. Also: whales.

http://anomaly.cgmovement.com/

Replies

• KateC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KateC polycounter lvl 7
    Oh hell, it's on the main page. Still, it's a cool enough event that I regret nothing!

(PS, delete at will.)
  • KateC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KateC polycounter lvl 7
    I'll be going, for sure, but like you I have no idea how they're presenting it, or in what room. I get the impression that it's mostly focused on the talks themselves, but it mentions bringing a pencil and paper if you want to draw things, so it's kind of a mystery. A mystery with sharks and possible booze.
  • KateC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KateC polycounter lvl 7
    I think after the Troy McClure incident a few years ago they're pretty vigilant, but you only live once; I say go for it! (Insert blowfish joke here.)
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Hey I'm here now. There's drinks!
  • Frump
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frump polycounter lvl 12
    Yeah I had a great time too. It was the most enjoyable industry event I've been to so far. More classy and focused than GDC Canada, more space than the Pixologic users group and way higher profile presenters than the rest.

I wonder what the raffle prizes were, but we had to go. "My friend" just squeezed into the last Canada line train as it was leaving. Bus from Stanley park we also just made it on to. Very good timing.:)

I met the same people as DKK. Except I never got a chance to talk to Jouste between lining up for the theater and him doing live art.

I'll definitely go again next year (although the beer was really expensive).
  • Mladen Jovicic
    hey i was there! haha just got back. fuck totally missed the blizzard presentation, the audio wasnt working outside, which was totally lame, and it was craazy hot in the theater for the Craig Mullins presentation. i honestly wish there was more time, but yeah like dkk said, spent most of the time waiting in lines. didnt really get a chance to talk to alot of ppl or the ones i wanted. saw jouste painting it up which was sweet. the craig mullins presentation was ok, wish he did a live painting demonstration tho, it was pretty much just him talking about his experiences and rest was QnA.

all in all in was pretty good minus the technical issues here n there.

and Adam i think i saw you, well i kinda recognized you from some pics here on polycount but wasn't really sure .you were wearing glasses right? tattoo on the right arm? i think i was standing right beside you too haha

frump: the raffle prizes were posters i think. a friend of mine won one.
  • attattattack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    attattattack polycounter lvl 8
    Mladen was the tallest guy there.

I saw a guy that look like DKK's picture minus the lightsaber.
    Jouste is awesome!
  • KateC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KateC polycounter lvl 7
    I definitely saw a Polycount shirt, but everyone seemed to be so busy that I didn't want to interrupt. Also, I'm part ninja on my mother's side.

Craig Mullins was awesome. I love how it was less of a talk, and more like sitting on the guy's couch talking to him about art. And for whatever reason I hadn't seen that painting of Rapture, which was amazing. Hopefully they have it again next year.