polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
dejawolf polycounter lvl 18
i was searching youtube for music, when i got this all too familiar message:
copyrighted.jpg
it ticked me off, and i googled "fuck sony and WMG"
and found this:
http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/youtube/thread?tid=3de52a162917ff1c&hl=en

i know the artists needs their money, they got rent to pay, and mouths to feed.
but when i read comments like "a video of my car trip got banned because the radio in the background was playing a copyrighted song", or this:

"Youtube terminated my 800 videos account. My videos were punk shows and interviews i produced myself since 1994. I had all the bands's permissions, the labels and the management permissions. But guess what, it's not my punk videos that were flagged for copyright infrigement. I made the mistake of also uploading family and friends videos on my punk channel that contain some music playing in the background owned by some giant corporations. They flaged 2 such videos of mine and another video they flagged was my university music teacher performing a cover of ''Under the boardwalk''.

it gets me thinking that the music industry is a dinosaur that needs to go extinct.

Replies

• gsokol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stuff like this always pisses me off. I can understand them getting mad about the billions of videos on youtube that are just songs with a still background image...as much as I like to listen to them. That is what they should be going after...losing money because I listen to music on youtube instead of buying an album. But because a song is playing in the background? Thats ridiculous. They aren't losing any money for that...hell its free advertising if anything.
  • sneakymcfox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well the music companies see it as lost revenue as you are not paying for the right to put that music in the background, basically applying tv rules to modern mediums, a bit weird if you ask me.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    looks like someone needs to make a "newtube" see what i did there?
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dejawolf polycounter lvl 18
    nothing can be a newtube. besides, its big music who throws around these ridicolous restrictions. it applies to everytube out there, and not just youtube, and any newtube would be put under the same restrictions, or sued to extinction.