Home General Discussion

Good Moving Companies

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
Autocon polycounter lvl 15
So im sure in the vast history of PC a few people have had to move and deal with moving companies. So my question is who are the good ones to go with? I no really nothing about them so I am a bit in the dark here.

Really not worried about price as I dont have to pay for it but more concerned with getting a good place that wont fuck up my shit like TV, Computer and Bed. Going to have to go all the way from the magical land of Seattle of LA.

Anyway if anyone knows good moving company's let me know, would really appreciate it.

Also are moving company's liable for you shit? So like if they break something and you can prove it with like photo evidence they would be responsible?

Replies

• Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    I used Mayflower to do the Florida to Virginia move in 2007, it went pretty smoothly and nothing was damaged. Every other time I've done it myself with a rental truck.
  • Geezus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod
    Mayflower from Pittsburgh to NC. Nothing damaged, nice movers, super quick. I would imagine that any reputable company would honor any claims of damage you had. Either way, that's two for Mayflower! :)
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ha freaky... I used Mayflower from Minn to Wash st, they did break the glass top to an antique desk, but they replaced it. They even went to the trouble of tracking down a shop that would custom cut and bevel the edges. What they replaced it with was actually better than what I had. But how can you put a price on scratches your grandpa put there when he was 7... easy move and have Mayflower break it!

I don't know about cost because it was covered and it was more than 5 years ago, but I'd use them again, probably not if I'm moving across town but out of state, you bet.
  • Autocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
    sweet, thanks for the info