Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Retired Combat Medic old dude.

t4paN
polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
t4paN polycounter lvl 10
Just something I'm working on right now for a personal sci-fi project I'm doing with a friend.

flvwd5.jpg

2rggtmr.jpg

Comments and crits most welcome.

Replies

• haikai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haikai polycounter lvl 8
    It's pretty good overall, but a few things:
    - The eyes are a little too bright white. I would darken the sclera areas down a bit.
    - Looks like you got some normal map problems on the bottom edges of his coat. There are a few ways you can get around this detailed on the PolyCount wiki.
    - The texture could use a bit of color variation. The coat could use a bit more details in the pockets, stitching seams, etc.
    - Maybe there could be more work in the specular too. For example, the metal surfaces aren't differentiated from the rest very much.
  • UNCCheezy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    UNCCheezy polycounter lvl 10
    What kind of character is he?
  • t4paN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    t4paN polycounter lvl 10
    @haikai, thanks for the input, I thought I'd leave it for a week or so and then get back on doing some extra work, like what you mentioned. I should definitely work on the coat a bit more, yeah.

Specular's always been a bit of a bitch for me, right now I'm doing a black/white spec level texture. I should probably think about moving to spec colour textures instead...

@Cheezy, He's supposed to be the doctor taking care of underprivileged patients in a free clinic in a cyberpunk setting. The story is, he was in the anarchist Interplanetary Brigades as a field medic, fighting on numerous worlds until he got disenchanted with the whole thing and decided to just open a free clinic to help those in immediate need.

/edit ...Except if you were asking what does he do in the game, he's an NPC who will be giving the player quests. And good alignment points -_-
  • t4paN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    t4paN polycounter lvl 10
    DOC_C.jpg

Lights and pose for my portfolio with some minor diffuse/spec changes. It's still wip, before I start sending my portfolio out I'm going to do a final pass on the textures and call it done then.
  • n88tr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the pants look too washed out and the boots could use more color variation and scuff marks