Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Intel finalist fantasy RPG needs artists.

Mussi
polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
Mussi polycounter lvl 13
WIPthumb.jpg
Click for full size image.

Project name:
Unleashed: The Revolution

Brief description:
A fast action RPG set in a dark medieval time, which will make use of physics and quick pace gameplay to deliver a more action packed gameplay style than generally seen in the genre. The player will control one of five classes as a gladiator, born into slavery. In a struggle for survival and knowledge, you will battle your way through hordes of enemies inside the bloody arena. Multiplayer will be available for up to six people. The game has been in development for about 7 months.

Target Aim:
Short term goal will be winning the Intel 2010 level up contest, after that we will work toward retail.

Compensation:
We will work out a price for each of the required assets which will be payed out of any revenues the game generates, the idea is to let 90% of the revenue go towards
paying off the artists until the sum of the asset costs is payed off.

Technology:
We are targeting the windows platform, using C++ and DirectX 9. We are using a custom engine and a custom editor to interface with the artist's tools.

Talent needed:
Skilled 3D Artists
2D Artist
Sound Designer/Composer

We'll need our 3D artists to be able to make around 2000-3000 polygon models of good quality, in a style that is mostly realistic with a slight touch of anime thrown in, games like Aion and Final Fantasy fit this style, though our setting is more dark. The animators will need to be able to make multiple fluent attack animations for up to 5 different playable characters and multiple enemies.
As our 2D Artist you'll need to create the menu's as well as ability icons and other interface pieces.
The sound designer will be making in game sound effects for the characters' attacks, movement etc, as well as menu sounds. The composer will be required to create a background soundtrack which fits the setting of the game (grim/medieval/epic).

Team structure:
One game designer/story writer
One programmer (me)

Contacts:
Please reply to this thread or send me a mail at unleashed@apollostudio.nl.

Previous work by team:
I have previously written simple games in DarkBasic Professional including multiplayer games. I have also written a collision library for DarkBasic Professional in C++. I have also written a couple of unfinished engines and file conversion software in C++.

Additional info:
The game is currently finalist in the Intel 2010 Level Up challenge.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8kSeRvbYV0[/ame]

Replies