Home Technical Talk

Setting in ZBrush I'm having a hard time remembering

I've had this set, but haven't done it in so long, now I can't remember where to set it in Z4.

Some people have an issue with their ZBrush where they sometimes get jumped way far away from their model, and then have to zoom back in and get situated again.

Happens pretty regularly. I remember there was some timing setting... or sensitivity setting... I just can't remember.

Anyone?

Replies

• ceebee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ceebee polycounter lvl 14
    Preferences -> Edit -> Auto Select Subtool (toggle it off)
  • Elyaradine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elyaradine polycounter lvl 11
    It sounds as if you're describing the Alt-double-click behaviour which frames your model.

Dunno if it's the same in ZB4, but it was found somewhere around:
    Preferences - Interface - Click Time/Distance, setting both/either to zero.
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    Jon Rush wrote: »
    I've had this set, but haven't done it in so long, now I can't remember where to set it in Z4.

Some people have an issue with their ZBrush where they sometimes get jumped way far away from their model, and then have to zoom back in and get situated again.

Happens pretty regularly. I remember there was some timing setting... or sensitivity setting... I just can't remember.

Anyone?

are you talking about you zone out of the frame and see you model very far than you actually zoom back in and adjust?

If so, try the F key whenever that happens. Since you are pro, I cant seem to give you any other tips than that <.<.

I'll wait for someone to post the pre-sets so I can set mine up too....

*didnt even know that you can actually customize it.*
  • Del
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Del polycounter lvl 9
    Nitewalkr wrote: »
    are you talking about you zone out of the frame and see you model very far than you actually zoom back in and adjust?

If so, try the F key whenever that happens. Since you are pro, I cant seem to give you any other tips than that <.<.

~ Pretty sure he's talking about that new annoying bug where it for some reason the camera just shoots off into oblivion, and it just can't focus on something even when you press F, and you have to spend a while finding your model to help the F button do its job. It never used to happen until the last few versions.

I could never resolve it completely.
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shift + Right Click to snap the view to the current subtool always works for me, which should just be default as I haven't changed any settings.
  • Jon Rush
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The problem evidently only occurs on certain computers, and I'm not sure what the qualifying factor is. All I know is it happens on mine! :P

Thanks for the tips guys - I think Elyaradine has seen this before as well, as his solution sounds familiar to what I did in my previous version of Z.
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14