Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sci-fi Girl Based off Scarlett W.I.P

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
wizo polycounter lvl 17
Hey Polycounters!

I ll be putting some W.I.P of the current character im working on, I want to push myself as much as possible so don't hesitate to give me some feedback. I based the head sculpting off Scarlett Johansson, wonderful refs to watch : )

heres the concept I did some time ago:

SwatGirl_03.jpg

3d start:
GirlBase.jpg

Replies

• n88tr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    face looks too symmetrical, thus uninteresting

it's early I know but she looks like she could lose a few pounds
  • wake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wake polycounter lvl 17
    It's a lovely looking concept wizo, nice work. Before you start 3d modeling it might be worth your while to take some time and resolve the concept in more detail, i.e. what the back of the suit looks like, the gun (looks like it's a shotgun..?), the side-arm etc.

The other thing I would say is that I'd be careful using so recognizable a reference for the face. Scarlett is still pretty active, and on top of that she has extremely recognizable facial features, like those lips and the nose. What ends up happening is that you can have a great finished piece, but people will be distracted by the fact that it's Scarlett, not that it's a great model. What I would recommend is that you look at different models (someone like Anna Sinkovska or Susan Coffey) and go from there-- that way you can get plenty of great reference while not having a distracting face. The other option is that you just use Scarlett as a starting point, and start taking some liberties with the facial structure until it isn't as recognizable.

On the bright side, I can definitely tell that your bust is of Scarlett.

Also, I disagree with n88tr-- I think the body weight is fine.

Good luck mate, look forward to what you come up with.
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    n88tr wrote: »
    it's early I know but she looks like she could lose a few pounds

... are you serious?
    What if that's the sort of character he wants to make, choosing to sidestep the clich
  • SaferDan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SaferDan polycounter lvl 14
    The likeness to Scarlett is amazing! I'm very impressed!

and don't you dare make her any skinnier!

Looking good man!
  • Slipstream
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slipstream polycounter lvl 19
    It's a good start dude. Ditto on the body type; she looks fine as is.