Home Technical Talk

[PhyreEngine] Does someone already worked with this engine?

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
sama.van polycounter lvl 14
Hello,

I am looking for someone he already worked with the PhyreEngine.

This is made in Sony, and people usually work with this engine are under NDA of the company.

Also you cannot find it on internet and information + online documentation is near of nothing.

I am working for a client using this engine building a PSP game and he doesn't success to import my animation work in his engine I done with Maya.

I am doing like I always did, keeping only bones + single animation in a maya file without model + rig + extra ndes etc...

But this doesn't work...

Does someone know the right workflow to make a scene ready for exporting to PhyreEngine?

Thank you for your help :(

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If the client is licensing the engine, then they should be able to get you developer access. I would ask them for this.
  • sama.van
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes it seems the client gave my personal detail to Sony-Japan for that, but this is a little more difficult than install a simple *.exe file to make working the engine...

Clients was saying I have to install visual C++ 2005 and all the SDK, to compile this and maybe it could work. one more problem could be I work under window 7 OS... etc..

Lot of thing I am not able to do, because it will take a day to do that and maybe learn how to do it :)

If I could install this damn engine on my workstation, long time I resolved the problem XD
  • mind_warps
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mind_warps polycounter lvl 12
    Have you checked if there is a limit of bones you can have and so on?
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No, I meant you should get access to documentation, and closed forums/mailing lists, where you could seek answers from other users.

Running the exe locally is the best way to iteratively test, but documentation might be a good shortcut.
  • SpeCter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SpeCter polycounter lvl 14
    I think you should limit the influence of bones to 4 vertex points i think 20 is standart, but most engines allow 4.
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lamont polycounter lvl 15
    You sent the Maya file to them and they can't export it. Only one of two issues I can think off:

You rigged it correctly (no more than 4 influences per vert, make sure all bone weights per vert add up to 100%) and they can't export right.

You didn't rig it right. Export the data as collada (DAE) and import back. If you don't see the animations then you need to make sure you tick the right buttons/boxes on export.

If you're contracting, chances are you won't get the local run emulation software or the viewer. They want you to make the file and hand it over. So ask for the sample data and documentation on skinned mesh export... provided they stuck with the sample... but it's straight Collada. Ask them to send one of the sample files, find out what version of the Collada format the engine is using. Or ask them to try and export on their own one of the sample files. Just try to rule out the DFO or 1D10-T errors.
  • sama.van
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah yeah my skin is 1 bones influences by vertex, and the scene is ready to be exported without rig as I always do for other engines...
    Bones count is also very low, something about 15-20 I do not even remember.

I got a copy of the Phyrestation supposed to work on windows XP SP3 only (I am on W7-64...)... and imported the file. It show number of my bones, number of animated component, frame, etc...

I think the problem is more in the engine... to know how to get the animation on the skeleton... =___=...

The programmer sent to me the documentation in the morning and gonna read it...
    And added some example content from SCCE.

I think I really need a PhyreEngine expert programmer to understand what happened here...

Does someone have a programmer working on PSP with PhyreEngine? =_=...
    He could help to attach an animation on a skeleton?...

Sorry I always has question from the 3rd dimension when I come arround XDD...

EDIT : Just got this info from the programmer =_=... Does some one know what it means?
    About my analisys it seems that you have changed something in times frame and the system can not allocate a value to some time variables that then generates division by 0