Home General Discussion

Stan Winston School of Character Arts announced

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
xvampire polycounter lvl 14
this is really interesting! especially for me who are really obsessed in detailed character art!
http://www.stanwinstonschool.com/ check out the video i just pee myself ....

from the news story :

Founded by the Winston Family, the Stan Winston School of Character Arts offers a training curriculum that covers the entire spectrum of character arts, from practical to digital. Each student can customize their own curriculum through a range of online videos, DVD lessons and hands-on workshops held in association with world-renowned Winston partners. From the first day of training, the Stan Winston School transports students to the realms of robots, aliens, dinosaurs and monsters as they learn to bring their imaginations to life on the silver screen.

The School will officially launch in January 2011, with the first block of courses already set for release:

* Practical/Digital Hybrid Characters with Stan Winston life-long collaborator and co-owner of Legacy Effects, John Rosengrant
* Script Breakdown for Character Creators with Academy Award Nominee and co-owner of Legacy Effects, Shane Mahan
* Directing Creature Characters with Academy Award Nominee and co-owner of Amalgamated Dynamics, Inc., Alec Gillis
* Creature Performance with Academy Award Winner and co-owner of Amalgamated Dynamics, Inc., Tom Woodruff, Jr.
* Prosthetic Makeup with Academy Award Winner and co-owner of KNB EFX, Howard Berger

This will be the premiere site of it's kind in the world for character creations," Matt Winston explained. "If you like monsters, dinosaurs, robots and every creature in between you won't want to miss this.

"The site is chock full of eye candy! We have 40 years of never before seen archival footage just waiting to be released. Everything from Terminator and Alien to Jurassic Park to dad's latest work on Avatar and Iron Man. We're going to be cutting these into our teaching video to show students the step by step process of bringing these creations to life."

What was the motivation behind starting this School? It comes down to following in the footsteps of greatness.

"Dad was such an advocate of education. When he passed we knew it was our responsibility to carry on his legacy in a responsible way. I feel that this School, and the opportunity to share his knowledge, is something that he would absolutely love."

Replies