Home Technical Talk

Mouse Problems

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
jmiles interpolator
Hey guys.. long time no post.. I have a silly question, but I've been trouble shooting for the last few hours trying to figure out my problem, but having no luck.. I bought a new Laptop recently for school, runs on Windows 7 Home premium. I've installed Max 9 with SP 2, seems to run great. Just bought a new mouse today, a MS wireless mobile mouse 6000.. installed the drivers.. for some reason my middle mouse button is not working for Pan/Zoom/Rotate in Max.. The normal scroll settings work just fine (like if I'm in a web browser) I've gone into the mouse config settings and tried to change the default mouse wheel setting of "Flip", to "middle-click," I've even tried disabling my synaptic touchpad.. still no dice.. I've checked my "prefs" in Max, and the mouse wheel functions are set to the usual default.. I even looked over the custom UI.. does anybody have an idea of what I haven't tried yet?.. I've googled and looked all over the internet.. so I really don't know what to do now.. any advice people have would be greatly appreciated.. peace

Miles

Replies

• SpeCter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SpeCter polycounter lvl 14
    I had a similar problem once, but my mouse sometimes worked with max and somethimes it didn´t. Did you try to use the mouse with no specific drivers?Try to use just the standart ones from windows and look if it works then.