Home Unreal Engine

Sub-levels under Persistent?

Ryno
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Ryno polycounter lvl 18
I can't get objects that are on sub-levels to show up. Is there some sort of World Info enable sub-level button that I am missing?

Replies

• Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/LevelStreamingHowTo.html

K, even following their instructions for the Kismet method, I can't seem to get it to work. Always loaded option upon sub-level creation seems to work.
  • gamedev
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gamedev polycounter lvl 12
    You're just trying to place objects on a sub-level and have it stream when in game, or you can't see the objects on this level in editor?
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    I've got some stuff on persistent, then go to make a new level with Kismet selected as streaming method. I make it current, add my objects, and they show up in editor just fine. I build all, save my levels, then attempt to play, and nothing shows up that should have been in the new level. So things are visible in editor, but not during gameplay.

I've worked on other games where we could just add levels as necessary for organizational purposes. A lot of time we'd set up temp levels to be shared between artists so that they wouldn't end up stomping each other's stuff. Right now, unless I choose always loaded upon level creation, none of this stuff shows up in game. It is visible in the editor however.
  • gamedev
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gamedev polycounter lvl 12
    It sounds like you need to actually steam in the layer you've added. You'll need to do this in kismet using the steam levels kismet node in your base map (persistent map). As you noted, when you create a new layer you'll need to set its streaming method to Kismet for this to work.