Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

ihour's stuff

hello everyone. I'm just someone working on my portfolio so i wanted to show what i've been working on. Crits and comments welcome :)
thanks for looking.

fembot1.jpg

I'm still working on her. Still not very sure of her proportions and shoes. Working on bringing in accessories for her and then her weapons. Then i'll be bringing her into zbrush to work on the normal maps.

current polycount : 8672 tris

Replies

• ihour
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fembot2.jpg

update for tonight.
    Worked on her neckscarf. Will be doing more editing with maya when i reach office tomorrow ( i dont have soft select here and its much more convenient to do it with soft select ) dnd i still intend to refine the cloth folds.

After that i would be modeling her weapon and after that would be bringing her into zbrush to work in the extra details like cloth folds and sitches. and whatnot.
  • n88tr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Her beret looks super tight on her head, more like a tight-bandana than a hat. I'd make it look more like a hat.

Also, her buttocks are so tight together it looks like she's squeezing them. Loosen her ass up...lol

Very cartoony look overall, I think it works nicely. Some pockets or an emblem on her shoulders or chest would make her look less generic. That and maybe a gun.
  • ihour
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fembot3.jpg
    gun.jpg
    Thanks for the comment n88tr :)

-made her beret looser. will have a shot up for that soon.
    -Managed to use soft select to make her neck scarf more uneven.
    -i edited the topology around her rear and hopefully unloosed her ass lol.
    -i've also did a first pass at a gun. Still very rough and subject to major changes.
  • fabio brasilien
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fabio brasilien polycounter lvl 11
    She needs some adjustment on the face...I made a quick paintover if you don´t mind.
    :poly121:
    1t5zj7.gif
    Her head is a little big, but if she is not tall that is fine...
    The overall proportion is nice! She looks atletic and sexy, although her ass is a little bad...maybe she needs some extra work there as well.
    I hope that can help. :poly121:
  • ihour
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks fabio
    head.jpg

butt.jpg

So this are the updates.
    -change in the eyes
    -tweak of the chin
    -changes in the neck scarf
    -added a zip and zip ring
    -tweaked the butt and hopefully it looks better now?

still trying to come up with a good idea for her gun.
    my concept is a electric stun revolver, a zapper if you will. Powered by batteries.
  • ihour
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Been a while but i havent been idle. Been working on her weapon.
    This is the high res version, would be working on the low res version soon. Just wanted to ask if anyone has any crits on the gun design.
    Some background :
    Its a fictional gun, of course. Supposed to be somewhat simplistic in design. Shoots out electrical bolts ; think taser gun but with a much longer range than just skin contact.

Works on batteries : theres a small tip at the end; thats the battery. To reload, just pop out the battery and pop in a new one. The 'hood' at the front above the barrels will pull back when it fires, the twin barrels will revolve ; inspiration from the way a chain gun, the way it revs up when it is going to fire.

gun2.jpg
    would appreciate any crits.