Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Mine Blacksmith

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
sub_roland polycounter lvl 12
Working on this Blacksmith that I do believe was a War Hammer concept, not positive though. Just started on the goggles tonight, basically got them on the head how I want, need to start sculpting them. Missing some other components, buckle for the shoulder and the back of the vest, the pipe, and his tools on belt, think I'm going to pass on the hammer in his hand for now. Shooting for a 2500 poly count and a 1024 in the end so I know I'm sculpting a lot of stuff I'm going to loose in the baking. Hoping to have high poly done tomorrow night. C&C always welcome. Thanks

Perez_BlacksmithWIP.jpg

Replies

• warby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    warby polycounter lvl 18
    pic is a bit low res but looks great from what i can make out :) the wobbles in his apron is stuff that will read very well in a normal map i am sure !
  • Clintus Maximus
    Nice work! They only things i would say look off to me are the bicep and the shoulders. Where the bicep meets the forearm at the elbow looks a little odd to me... and the shoulder looks great from the back and side, but from the front it shouldn't have that curved line, its a little more of a smooth transition. Keep it up.
  • sub_roland
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for taking a look guys, yeah my anatomy is weak thanks for pointing out some of the spots. I'll work on it some and try to fix it. Thanks again
  • sub_roland
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey there counters, A little update, haven't been working on it as much as i'd have liked but such is life. Let me know what you all think. Thanks

Perez_BlackSmithUpdate.jpg
  • sub_roland
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It has been a long while since i have posted on polycount though i have been lurking. Here is an update to this blacksmith still got some more work to do on him hope to finish him up over the next week or so as I have time. Would love to get some feedback. He is 7116 tri, a 1024 diffuse and normal no spec yet, this is with hardware renders in maya.

Perez_Blacksmith_Update.jpg
  • DDuckworth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DDuckworth polycounter lvl 6
    It's looking pretty nice, I think his eyes are too white, seems most human's eyes are actually a shade of yellow and his eyes are just really popping. All of your images of this guy are pretty small (no closeups) so i'm having a hard time critiquing too much, but i like the overall character and the leather and tex on the leather looks great
  • Cap Hotkill
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cap Hotkill polycounter lvl 13
    add some skin tone variations, the face more red because of the heat, midtones ect

heres is an example, sorry for the shitty quality..
    blacksmith%20promo%20photo%20%2095.jpg
  • sub_roland
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey thanks for the crits, I'll try to get some more work done on him over the next couple of days. Fix up the eyes and get some more work done on the skin. And next time ill throw in some close ups. I think photobucket down sizes the images but what the shit do i know. Thanks again and hope to get something new posted.