Home Unreal Engine

Particle Question

veteran polycounter
Offline / Send Message
Neox veteran polycounter
Hey guys,

i searched for this a while back and maybe its doable now or was always and i never found a way to do it.

I have a particlesource that spawns X amount of particles, and plays a particle animation on them. What i want them to do is play the anim asynchronous, what i don't want to happen is that it plays the frames randomly, just the starting frame per particle should be random.
Is this doable or do i have to use workaround, like creating several sources with accordingly less particles and offset the animations for a bit so i have 5 swarms or so of particles that at leas appear to be a bit more random.

Replies

• Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lamont polycounter lvl 15
    I think there's a setting inside called EmmiterDelay or something... I am not at home, but this is just from memory. Also, maybe a matinee solution?
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox veteran polycounter
    I think the emitter delay will delay it per emitter, not per emitted particle, right?
    Will have to take a look at it, as said its been a while since i worked on those particle systems.
    basicly i guess i have to delay several emitters with a low number of particles instead of one emitter with a large number of particles, a random seed per particle would be the easiest way but i didn't find one.