Lonewolf polycounter lvl 18
what would he transform too?

Replies

• TheMadArtist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheMadArtist polycounter lvl 12
    A big f-in T-rex. Screw trying to explain why. :D

Seriously. I know a lot of fans want him to be a big ass tank like in the War Within comics, but I just say screw it and just make the dinobots transform into dinosaurs.
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
  • Ghostscape
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghostscape polycounter lvl 13
    A giant animatronic T-Rex would be the coolest. Have there be some giant dinosaur animatronic statue that turns its head left and right, opens its jaws, and "roars" via a loudspeaker in its mouth at "Dino's Used Cars" or some shit. Make it rather dirty and rusty and chintzy, and then use the wear and tear and relative low-techness of him as background for helping to explain why ME GRIMLOCK TALK LIKE THIS, and then have him go for a "bath" in a nearby lake/stream/whatever and reveal him as an actually incredibly realistic dinosaur.

You could literally do the entire dinobot cast by doing something like this, and/or an animatronic dinosaur museum/tourist trap. Do they have anything like this at the La Brea tarpits?

e: oh fuck that transformer you're working on is going to be Grimlock?
    e2: Masterpiece Grimlock is getting a US release as a Toys R Us exclusive on july 1st FYI Transfans in the thread
  • maze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lonewolf wrote: »
    what would he transform too?

hey lonewolf, I was just thining of that the other day, haha.... might be really cool to work on a grimlock model... is my favorite bot model so far.
  • Lonewolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    I would love to see him as a dinobot, but I really can't see it fitting into the storyline that Bay created. Once he made it where they can choose what vehicle they'll look like, it killed the possibility of dinosaurs (IMO). Since, dinosaurs don't exist to scan. Unless they do it like the cartoon, and have the autobots actually build/create him on earth.

Knowing Michael Bay, he'll make Grimlock a vibrator, so that Bay can fit in a few more awkward sex jokes.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    I think someone just leaked what he is working on in the what are you working on thread?
  • Calabi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Calabi polycounter lvl 12
    Whatever it will look like it will look like a mess, and only vaguelly resemble what its supposed to. Grumble, Grumble.
  • TheMadArtist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman wrote: »
    I would love to see him as a dinobot, but I really can't see it fitting into the storyline that Bay created. Once he made it where they can choose what vehicle they'll look like, it killed the possibility of dinosaurs (IMO). Since, dinosaurs don't exist to scan. Unless they do it like the cartoon, and have the autobots actually build/create him on earth.

Knowing Michael Bay, he'll make Grimlock a vibrator, so that Bay can fit in a few more awkward sex jokes.

Well, they already had insecticons (lil ones..) and a giant freakin scorpion, so I don't see it as a stretch to do dinobots. I like the idea of a truck-a-saurus type thing that was man made, possibly being brought to life by the Allspark fragment or something.

@Ghostscape, that masterpiece Grimlock looks amazing. I've got the MP Prime and Skywarp (easily one of my favs in my collection) and can't wait to pick that up. Helps that my brother is a manager at Toys R Us. :D
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah, but the bots (for the decepticons), were already in that form. I guess Grimlock could come that way too though.

I guess, when it comes down to it, I have no faith in Michael Bay, to do Grimlock justice.
  • TheMadArtist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks aside, the bots have for the most part retained their personalities (Ok, Bumblebee ripping Ravage's spine out, and Prime ripping Grinder's face apart, maybe not so much). Jetfire was really the only one changed to a different type of character. I would think Grimlock might work. Hell, he's big, dumb, and tears shit up. Perfect character for Bay!
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    Calabi wrote: »
    Whatever it will look like it will look like a mess, and only vaguelly resemble what its supposed to. Grumble, Grumble.

and have lips -.- and testicles...
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    Easy...Grimlock comes to earth as one of those robotic meteor things. Crashes through the roof of the Natural History Museum. Sees a big model TRex. Decides...Whoa...Cool.

"Grimlock SMASH!"

Or..Or...

He crashes through the roof of a cinema doing re-runs of Jurrasic park.

Simples..
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Then starts humping a pole
  • vcool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think someone just leaked what he is working on in the what are you working on thread?

Was gonna say that.
  • Lonewolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol

what about if dinosaur wasnt an option?

what else can he be?

all the bigass trucks are taking by the constructicons :(
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm thinking animal still... like a rhino, or some large, strong, but not so smart animal.

If it HAS to be a vehicle, I'm thinking something large and lumbering... hmmm, I was thinking a cement truck, but then I'm reminded of the destructicons... which I guess he's already done.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    If he were in the new movies, he'd have to be terribly, terribly disappointing and aggratating to the purists. Maybe just a big hand flipping the bird with a sign reading "fans" underneath.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    grimlock would be a bear and he would eat megan fox, turn into a t-rex and shit on the previous two movies
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Megan Fox ain't in the new one, thankfully.

Also, I love how people are thinking how he would be put in, when we all know Bay can't tell a story worth shit and will just make him shoot explosions from his arse or something...
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    notman wrote: »
    I'm thinking animal still... like a rhino, or some large, strong, but not so smart animal.

If it HAS to be a vehicle, I'm thinking something large and lumbering... hmmm, I was thinking a cement truck, but then I'm reminded of the destructicons... which I guess he's already done.

Hurr hurr hurr

log_truck02.jpg

I have no idea what this is but hey, it's skating on two trucks. That's pretty badass if you ask me.
    BIG_Truck.jpg