Home General Discussion

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

polycount sponsor
Offline / Send Message
moose polycount sponsor
Anyone playing this? I just started this past weekend when i was travelling, holy hell it rules!!

I love the mission structure, and how it mirrors monster hunter :) Took a little bit to get used to adjusting the camera via face buttons, but is awesome in the end.

The game looks gorgeous, really impressive on the psp. And on top of it all, they have a 3d model viewer of the weapons, vehicles, and characters!!! really cool stuff!

Great Game! Kojima is totally carrying my Intel Team :) Hopefully they'll help me kill Pupa :(

Replies

• teaandcigarettes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    teaandcigarettes polycounter lvl 12
    I've been playing it for a few days now, though I didn't progress too far.

The game is pretty damn good and as a whole reminds me a bit of Snake Eater; my favourite MGS to date. Although it does feel streamlined compared to MGS2 and 3 (I'm talking here about sneaking) these new micromanagement elements are quite fun.

I love the artstyle in the cutscenes; at first I was dissapointed that over-the-roof choreography wasn't there but I can't have enough of Yoiji Shinkawa's art.

Unlike you, I'm not a fan of the mission structure; I would have prefered a more linear campaign. But then again, I'm only 4 hours into it and I still have to see how much plot they managed to squeeze in. Crazy conspiracies and wacky characters were what got me into MGS in the first place.

I hope it will make me go WTF just like this video did:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP1OFkZIe3U[/ame]

I wish I could see Kojima's face when he signed this off.
  • Joao Sapiro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    hows the game plot wise ?
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    The cutscenes are really awesome - took me a bit to get used to them, but Ashley Wood made them really fun and badass!

The mission structure is a little odd at first, i agree with ya there - but after i started doing a lot of the fulcum recovery stuff (so much fun!!!! hahah, simple but awesome) to beef up my weapons and teams, i started enjyoing being able to go at my own pace more and more.

The story so far is not too contrived. Its actually pretty good, there are some wild ideas, but its not completely out of the ordinary. The singing robot is fucking amazing - its both terrifying, evil, and cute all at the same time, ive been huming that tune all weekend.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    I played this game with my friend a lot, boss fights are where it's at for co op, though sneaking missions are pretty fun on two player with the love box and what not.
    I've managed to get through all of the games sneaking missions using only a banana, and that makes me feel like a badass.
  • teaandcigarettes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh god, this game only gets better and better

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYTzeF5wTlc[/ame]
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    hahah yeah, Mr. Kojima joins your crew too, i switch him between Medicial and Intel :)
  • jocose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jocose polycounter lvl 11
    LOL, SUNGLIGGGGGHHHHTTT!
  • teaandcigarettes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose wrote: »
    hahah yeah, Mr. Kojima joins your crew too, i switch him between Medicial and Intel :)

Yeah, I keep him in my intel team.

Speaking of Kojima:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThutNUSMDfY[/ame]

Goddammit, this whole game is like a one big easter egg. They must have been high when they made it.

I'm not even going to meantion the naked CQC in the shower :poly142:
  • FOOL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have really been thinking of getting this. I would have to dust off my psp though, last time it saw action was patapon2. Is the storyline better than Portable Ops, because that game left me with a hallow feeling inside.
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nizza_waaarg polycounter lvl 15
    lol, naked cqc shower :P

yeah been playing this non stop since thursday last week... just finished the main campaign on sunday and jezus these extra ops are insanley hard... trying to beat all these tanks and 2nd modes of things is intense >_<
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    i unlocked the Monster Hunter missions this weekend, haha they're crazy. I just need to find some people now to play MP to get higher ranks on those bosses!

The story was actually pretty good, was pleasantly surprised.