Home Unreal Engine

UE3 Character Models.

CJE
polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
CJE polycounter lvl 13
Does anyone know where I can find some information, or have experience creating custom character models on the UE3 Engine, using the Gears of War Devkit?

My co-worker is interested in doing a small GoW PC Modification but the resources on the UDN for GoW are far less than UDK or UT3.

I'm pretty comfortable with the process of importing the actual character model and creating materials, etc... but I'm unsure how to properly setup the character models to use preset GoW animations.

I'm assuming I'll have to use a preset skeleton and skin my mesh that way, or something along those lines.

Replies

• Vailias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vailias polycounter lvl 18
    Yes you'll need a preset skeleton. The Marcus Fenix model and bone structure is available from UDN.

You'll want to skin your new model to that bone set, but IIRC there isn't a lot of modification support for custom art content for GOW pc.
  • Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 16
    if you want i can give you a tutorial on importing characters. i haven't personally used it but a friend of mine has and it works for him. if you are interested just PM me.