Home Technical Talk

3DSMAX - A way to "loop" lines one by one?

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
Hey. I wonder if anyone know if it´s possible to select a line and then "grow" the selection along the line.

I know there is a grow option but that selects all edges connected to the edge you have selected, i only want to select edges that are following the original lines direction, just like the loop-button, but loop selects ALL edges, i want do it one at a time.

Maybe i gotta get some script-action on?

Thanks!

(EDIT; I use max2010.)

Replies

• yiannisk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yiannisk polycounter lvl 7
    use the selection tools that come with graphite.
    you can do that and more.

Graphite Modeling Tools> Modify Selection
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    Sweet. I think i prefer perna´s alternative since I hate the graphite-thingy. I guess I will have to check it out some more though.

Thanks a bunch dudes.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Also know that you can click-drag the spinner up or down to grow,shrink the selection quickly, which is helpful when you want to start out with a tiny selection and grow it really big really fast but don't want to click a billion and a half times. This functionality applies to most if not all spinners.
  • Ghostscape
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghostscape polycounter lvl 13
    I've just got grow-ring and grow-loop in graphite mapped to keyboard shortcuts, it speeds you up like 800x.

The graphite/polyboost ones are useful because the ring/loop and grow ring/grow loop selections work on any type of selection, not just edges.