Home Technical Talk

Looking for Zbrush heads.

polycount sponsor
Offline / Send Message
Two Listen polycount sponsor
Didn't really know where to put this, didn't want to put it in Pimping and Previews since I'm not putting art in it. Figured here might work, sort of the unofficial "ask stuff" section, perhaps? ...ah well.

Anyway, I'm not into 3D at the moment, I'm working to become a 2D artist. I've been really struggling with character paintings lately, mostly when it comes to their faces (which I always wind up tackling first, because I know it'll be tough to nail it.)

I'm wanting to study some faces in various lighting. Real life is great, but whenever I see zbrush or similar head sculpts here on the forums it helps me figure out a lot of things. I thought there used to be a thread for zbrush heads floating around somewhere, but I wasn't able to find it.

Anyone know where I can find a lot of head sculpts? I'd really like to have them as a reference. At some point in the future I'll download the trial of zbrush myself and fiddle with it (ignorantly so), but figured I'd ask just in case.

Another quick question from someone who knows nothing about the program, can you set up any lights or change light direction at all in zbrush? I'm not looking for anything fancy, want to keep it incredibly simple, but it would be great if I could just find some existing heads to fiddle with.

Cheers to all.

Edit: Godamnit I just found the speedmodel thread sticky. I swear it used to be called something else... Well that's a fantastic start if nothing else. Still, if anyone knows of others, I certainly wouldn't mind it.