Home Technical Talk

Photoshop question...

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
BradMyers82 interpolator
Hey, so I'm sitting here cleaning up a normal bake, knowing all too well that I will be doing pretty much the exact same thing I am currently doing to the A.O. bake shortly. Ideally, these changes would be exactly the same on both maps. I know, I know, I can always re-bake. But there will always be small things that need to be fixed on most bakes. (the inside of mouths, eye sockets, etc.)
So it got me thinking, wouldn't it be possibly to work on one layer and have it replicate the same operations to another layer at the same time? There is no reason why this shouldn't be possible in my mind.

I'm guessing there is not a way to do this currently other than the liquify trick where you can save your changes then reapply them to another layer. But what I really use the most when fixing my bakes is the patch tool and clone brush, which obviously you can't use in liquify mode.

I know this is probably asking a lot, but I was wondering if anyone knows if it would be possible to write a script for photoshop like this. Or if this is simply something that is just too difficult to implement?

Replies

• PredatorGSR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PredatorGSR polycounter lvl 14
    Have you tried actions and just recording the process? I don't know if actions save specific brush strokes though.
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Holy crap man. You know what... Actions do indeed work with the patch tool. I didn't know that. With the clone brush it doesn't work, but I can def. get most of the work done with the patch tool, save it as an action, and re-apply it to the other maps.

Nice thinking man! I wouldn't have even tried it unless you mentioned it!