Home Technical Talk

Maya right click help

Hello there.
I've been playing around with maya 2009 and have stumbled upon a really annoying problem.

I've been using it for about a month now with no problems at all. Then today I imported an OBJ file and for some reason I can no longer click on any of the transform tools in the tool box display. I also cannot right click in any windows maya brings up, or in the view ports. I've been searching the web for hours now and can't find any help. If anyone could aid with this, it would be much appreciated.
I went and deleted the prefs folder to and reloaded it, but still nothing.

I'm using a Logitech mouse and just installed all the drivers again.

The funny thing is Right click works every where else, and in some places in maya, just not the ones listed above.

Replies

• THNKR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What do you expect to be able to do? Right click on the icons in the toolbox never did anything unless you configured your mouse for left-handed use. Middle mouse click opened the options, is that what you're looking for?
  • Travis_hill
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No sorry thats not it.

I can't click at all on the tool box options. No matter what mouse button I use.

And normally if I right click in the view port it brings up a selection of UV, Face, Vertex, and so on so I don't need to keep hitting F9 F10 or F11
  • Grimm_Wrecking
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Grimm_Wrecking polycounter lvl 8
    Have you tried resetting your prefrences?

My Docs > Maya > 2xxx > Prefs (delete the prefs folder)

Its a complete reset of prefs to maya's default, but when nothing else works it usually does :), granted you have to go and redo all your preferences and such. Do that with maya closed and then restart maya.

If that doesn't work--do you have mouse settings or 3rd party program mouse controls (microsofts mice usually have an external app for settings) check and make sure there'es nothing changing the way your mouse works with maya, happened to me a couple times.

Also make sure caps lock is off. It should only effect your hotkeys, but ya never know, maya can be a dirty mistress.