Home Technical Talk

Maya questions

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
crasong polycounter lvl 13
So I've got a good number of questions about certain tools or lack thereof in Maya, and for my first post, it's specifically about something that max can achieve.

Looking at a friends workflow as well as other tutorials done using 3ds, there are a couple tools that they have at their disposal which I am sure maya can achieve as well. However some things are just different even though they're the same.

Say for example:

Exhibit A
cube_example.png

1.Lets say I'm going to make a circular hole. Chamfering the vertex in the center would work in max. (the following picture is from maya, but I used a cylinder as a guide to emulate the result of max)
cube_examplemaxchamfer.png

2.So when I try the same in Maya....
cube_examplemayachamfer.png

So it's understandable that the process is calculated differently by both max and maya.

I did a search up in technical talk, and I'm pretty sure I've missed the answer somewhere but for the love of me I can't seem to find it.

So as I know, Max has "spherify". The closest thing I could find to this was "average vertices", which even then doesn't produce perfect results.

3.What "Average Vertices" produces
cube_examplecomparedtocylinder.png

Was just wondering what you maya users do? It's just one of those small things that would really help me in the long run.

Cheers.

Replies