Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook:KennyTies

hey all havent posted on here in some time or any of my work so far. So here's a rocket launcher ive been working on. I would mainly like comments on textures and if the specular map. But any crits and comments work for me.
Thanks in advance,
KennyTiespolycounttest.jpg

Replies

• KennyTies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So I have not posted in a very long time and now that will change. I have realized that I need to strength my 2d skills with my ultimate goal to be able to paint my own concepts and create textures like in WildStar. I will start off with some of daarken's tutorials that I just did. Please disregard the original post as its old and outdated. [IMG][/img]applestudy_zps4450db0b.jpg
    [IMG][/img]metalstudy_zps78766788.jpg
  • KennyTies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey all I come with more updates. I was really inspired by ed_3D's face studies so much so that I decided to try and draw a face. Also included is a test for a wood plank and a Chew Fanart all still WIP of course. Crits and comments welcome. Thanks![IMG][/img]chew_zps794896db.jpgkaleycuoco_zps5a91b035.jpgwood_zpsf69961f3.jpg
  • sybrix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sybrix polycounter lvl 13
    Hey, good thing you're back on track! Practice makes perfect, as they say. You might want to take a look at the Loomis free anatomy eBooks, it has a ton of useful information about blocking out forms in the body and face. I noticed your sketches lack construction lines and it looks as if you're trying to nail the structure with a bunch of sketchy strokes. I did this too when I first started. (I still catch myself doing it.) You need to break that habit and sketch out some guides of where the features will sit on the face. Check out the Loomis eBooks for more info on what I'm talking about. http://www.alexhays.com/loomis/

That wood is looking nice and is my favorite thing on here so far. Again try making more confident and flowing strokes to get out of the scratchy broken lines habit.

Keep this up!!
  • KennyTies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the comment sybrix! For the face I went off of daarkens tutorial on drawing a face from imagination where he did not use construction lines. But I agree that it could help and my lines are very sketchy. I will certainly get in the habit of using guides for faces. Thanks, the wood was a study to practice my blending.
  • KennyTies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [IMG][/img]StartrekCry_zps1d637456.jpgWow I havent updated in a while. I put the hand painted on the back burner for the meantime. For now I am working on a Star Trek project in Cry Engine 3. Its a based off of a concept by Fernando Acosta. Crits and Comments are welcome.