Home General Discussion

Triangle Game Conference> North Carolina

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
BradMyers82 interpolator
Anyone going to the Triangle Game Conference later this week?

I'll be there. I hear it's the second year they are having it, I'm hoping its cool.

http://www.trianglegameconference.com/

Replies

• BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Wow. No one? That really sucks. I was hoping to meet some fellow polycounters there if nothing else. :(

Well, if there are lurkers who are going but just haven't responded to this thread. I'll be sporting my Polycount shirt, so it should be easy enough to find me around.
  • Firebert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firebert polycounter lvl 15
    Wanted to go this year, but I'm BEYOND slammed at work and getting ready to head out of town for additional on-site work. Would have been great to hook up!
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Firebert: Ah that sucks dude. Yeah, it would have been really cool to meet you in person.

I gotta tell you though, it was a really awesome experience for me. I guess this year the triangle conference grew like 10 times what it was last year. That's what people were telling me at least who were at the last conference.

Anyways, it was totally worth the effort of driving down here (to North Carolina) from Buffalo, New York. I highly recommend anyone thinking about it for next year to come check it out. :)
  • Geezus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod
    Bah, caught this thread too late. I wasn't able to attend this year, but I definitely would have met up with you for some drinks. :)
  • DarthNater
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DarthNater polycounter lvl 10
    Guess I'll have to visit my aunt in Pinehurst next year :P I honestly thought about it this year, but I only heard about the conference a week before it started HA
  • commador
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    commador polycounter lvl 14
    Wow. No one? That really sucks. I was hoping to meet some fellow polycounters there if nothing else. :(

Well, if there are lurkers who are going but just haven't responded to this thread. I'll be sporting my Polycount shirt, so it should be easy enough to find me around.

Dang, must have been moving around too much to spot you. I was repping greentooth as well. I made the trek from MD with some friends and had a great time. It was bigger than last year and the presentations were pretty stellar. John Platten's keynote was awesome.
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    commandor: ahh, I saw another person with a polycount shirt on at the conference from a distance. It must have been you. I couldn't help but think, "hey how come no reply to my thread". lol, yeah, sorry I missed you man. Was a great conference indeed. Next time. :)
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    I intentionally skipped last year. It was too expensive. And from what I heard from others who attended, not worth it. I didn't see an admission fee this year, but I couldn't have gone anyway. Unless you're Epic games, not much happening in that area that anyone knows about. And Epic isn't the company that hires folks coming out of school and such.